Seems to help a lot!

Posted by Reviewer3052585 on Mar 20, 2012

I have been suffering with candida for years. I've been taking high quality probiotics for at least ten years and eat low-glycemic foods, went on round after round of Diflucan (only works as long as you are taking it, plus it's hard on your liver) and while that did help keep candida to a manageable level (meaning, not in full blown rip my skin off mode), it wasn't enough to return my health to a good state. Candida had gone systemic on me and allergies got unresolvable along with lung dysfunction, muscle problems, joint problems, brain fog, digestive trouble as well. I suffered daily migraines and severe neck, shoulder and upper back pain too. I've been miserable... I am finally making progress thanks to two things: taking coconut oil daily (do beware of detoxing symptoms if your candida is systemic like mine--pencil yourself off the calendar until initial detoxing is over--took a whopping two months for me) and CANDEX--two pills in the a.m., two pills at bedtime, both times on empty tummy. Wow! This Candex stuff really does seem to work. I am so impressed and notice such a difference it's remarkable. The other reviewers helped me decide that I needed to give this stuff a try, so a very big thank you to those who took the time to share your success stories. Even the white stuff on my tongue, which I have been scrubbing off with my toothbrush 3 times a day since childhood (now age 45) is gone. I can't believe how impacted my life has been by this evil creature candida has been. It's got to be public enemy number one as far as I am concerned. My sincere gratitude to Pure Essence for making Candex. It's a life changer. Thank you thank you! And Iherb, you guys always do right. We always order with Iherb.

Please Read!

Posted by Reviewer1990142 on Mar 17, 2013

I bought this product last week because I was reading all the reviews and felt real hope. I decided today to look up more on the product and how it actually works and I got really disappointed when I read this: http://www.amazon.com/review/R1P5JG92I3YMM9/ref=cm_cr_pr_viewpnt#R1P5JG92I3YMM9 This isn't some bs review by a competitor or something. My name is Anna, I'm 30 years old and been dealing with Candida for 3 years (I suspect longer). I am suffering from this as much as you are but I don't want anyone else to waste their money. I read the article by this reviewer on Amazon but I also read the responses to the article and looked up: "yeast, cellulase, cell surface"on google. I found links and links all talking about how Yeast and Cellulase (the main component of this product) work together to produce Ethanol. Here's one: http://aem.asm.org/content/68/10/5136.abstract Here's a few more: http://ip.com/patfam/en/43630078 http://aem.asm.org/content/70/2/1207.short These are articles from The American Society for MicroBiology. I don't know enough about Yeast but I know I'm vulnerable to something that feels like it's never gonna be over! Please research and read more about this. I feel jibbed and don't want to continue this product. "As for me I have no financial stake in this or any other product. I only had a friend who took Candex and had a very bad reaction to it and she asked me to investigate Candex because she knows I have a scientific background, care about her welfare, and am not intimidated by words like "enzyme," "cellulase" and "amylase". And the more I looked into Candyx the more the "science" claimed by them appeared to me to be jibberish, scientific nonsense. I don't like people who use pseudo-science to prey and then profit off of other people's misery. That is my agenda. Other reviewers have their own. One of the top ranked positive reviews of Candex comes from a person into urine therapy, another into astrology. That's fine. You decide which reviewers you trust and share your biases. Candex isn't nontraditional medicine, it sells itself in the language of science (enzyme, cellulase, cell wall,...) but as far as I can tell, little "science" supports their claims."" This is a quote from the same reviewer debating someone.

Excellent

Posted by Reviewer2643727 on Aug 30, 2007

I had severe, chronic Candida overgrowth. I took Candex twice daily as recommended and followed the diet rigorously. It took me about 6 weeks to have noticeable improvement. Many supplements also contain cellulose as part of the capsule or tablet. It's important that you don't take those with Candex (just like food, take Candex 2 hours before or 1 hour afterwards) because Candex will digest that cellulose instead of the Candida cells

It works!

Posted by Reviewer2509135 on Aug 29, 2008

I have suspected that I had a "sugar" addiction for a number of years. When I began researching candida and saw all the symptoms I have, I was convinced. But trying to detox on my own proved more painful than the candida symptoms. Then I heard about Candex from my sister. Combined with the sugar detox diet, which is a must, I noticed that Candex almost immediately quelled my cravings, making it possible to stick to a sugar free diet. I have used Candex for almost a month now. I fell off the "no sugar" wagon once, suffered the excruciating physical pain from eating sugar again, and once and for all saw that sugar was in fact the culprit in my health challenges. I got back on the no sugar diet with Candex and now feel strong in my commitment and ability to keeping sugar out of my diet for life.

Amazing for topical use

Posted by Reviewer1798928 on Feb 08, 2009

This stuff is the bomb! I have dissolved the contents of capsules and used them for ear drops to get my otic mycosis (ear yeast infection) under control, gargled with the contents of a candex capsule dissolved in a cup of water to get at the ear infection from the inside out (where the ear drains into the back of my throat), and also added it to hydrocortisone creams, etc. to get the yeast rashes under control. I had one rash on the back of my neck since I've been 15, and it is almost gone! This stuff is fantastic ... the yeast won't/don't develop an immunity to it, and by dissolving it for topical use it works better than the expensive and prescription products.

Really effective

Posted by Reviewer1295408 on Jun 08, 2008

During a lengthy course of tetracycline antibiotics, I needed a good antifungal. The one my local doctor suggested (fluconazole), which I bought from a chemist, almost killed me when it interacted badly with the antibiotic in my body. It also didn't work. So I realised I needed something gentler, but that would also actually work. I found out about Candex online and thought I'd give it a go, and was pleasantly surprised when it not only worked, but worked really well, and quickly. It didn't have any side effects, except that my urine smelt like ammonia for a week or two. (I have allergies to almost everything, yet thankfully I had no intolerance problems whatsoever with Candex.) And Candex also helped clear my sinuses, and vastly improved my sleep when I took it at bedtime. Best of all, though, it cut my food cravings drastically. Up until then, I'd been a moody beast who just wanted to constantly pig out on sugary carbohydrates, and who got narky when dieting. After taking Candex, the over-eating monster was tamed! That was the best surprise of all. This is now one of my top three natural remedies.

Posted by Reviewer1637065 on Apr 22, 2010

After taking it for about 10 days, my yeast symptoms have been drastically reduced. It has not completely eliminated the problem, but I'm seeing significant improvement. For me it works better than another highly rated product on iherb, and unlike the other product, I'm not getting any side effects from it. Will continue taking the 4 a day recommendation for a while more, have just ordered another bottle. Oh I'm also taking probiotic pearls and yoghurt in addition to candex, think the combination is working great so far. The only con is that its a huge bottle and after removing the stuffing, the manufacturers can probably fill in another 40% more pills. Overall THUMBSUP!

felt it working within 24 hours

Posted by KentuckyWildcat on Nov 16, 2010

I was experiencing bloating and indigestion due to yeast overgrowth (from taking iron supplements - iron feeds yeast). I started taking Candex, and within 24 hrs the bloating had subsided 75%. Within 48 hrs, the bloating was gone completely. I am alternating taking the capsules whole with opening them up into a glass of water. I feel more of a difference when I open them up, like it's more potent or something. A week or so after starting Candex, I added Candida Clear and Oregano Oil, and the combination has really worked. Three weeks later, as I write this review, the yeast problem is gone and I have stopped the Candida Clear and Oregano Oil. I will finish the bottle of Candex, and will not hesitate to reorder again if this problem recurs. Thanks, iHerb, for carrying this product and for your superb service, and thanks to all you other reviewers for helping me with your reviews and health tips!

Excellent Product!

Posted by Reviewer1243217 on Dec 06, 2009

This is an excellent product. Right off the bat, I was able to find sound sleep. Nail fungus seems to be going away and digestion is improving. Energy level is up. All around a great product. IHerb a great company; turn around time is very quick. One area for improvement is to lift the cap on weight and amount for shipment.

Finally - help for facial breakouts!

Posted by Reviewer2620413 on Aug 24, 2006

For years I have had to put up with unexplained facial breakouts. These were not regular acne breakouts or rosacea. I tried everything in the book - cleansers, antibiotics, creams, different foods, etc., but nothing helped. Someone mentioned that yeast might be the problem, so I went on-line looking for a natural yeast fighter. Praise the Lord, I found Candex!! It has helped like nothing else ever has. Within 2 weeks of starting Candex, my face had cleared and says clear as long as I keep the Candex going. I tried another natural yeast fighting product recently (looking for something cheaper), but it did not work. So, from now on, its only CANDEX for me!!