Great at first

Posted by Reviewer3285135 on Jun 20, 2012

My first 2-3 bars were awesome but personally I found the sweet vanilla taste a lil too much to bear after awhile. Since I have a problem with vanilla flavoured things, I'm not blaming it on the bar. Little bits of almonds inside really give you that slight crunch in every bite. Don't misunderstand though, every quest bar is chewy and firm. The 'crunch' comes from the presence of bits of nut in it

Great tasting, minimal ingredient, convenient snack

Posted by Umbridge on Dec 08, 2011

I really enjoyed the flavour of this bar. To me it tasted like caramel. I don't have much of a sweet tooth, so this was slightly too sweet, but not nearly as sweet as other protein bars on the market, or even something like a Larabar, for that matter. The only reason I give this 4 instead of 5 stars is the use of FOS. I am on a low FODMAP diet, and FOS is bad for people like me (i.e. many other people with irritable bowel syndrome). If you know you are sensitive to inulin or FOS, just know that the bar may cause you some discomfort. I would also like it if the bar used stevia instead of sucralose, but since I'm not eating them every day I don't care too much. I understand that sucralose probably gives it a better texture than stevia would. All in all though, this is seriously the best protein bar I have tried, both because of the taste and the very short ingredient list. Kudos to Quest for keeping in (mostly) real!

My new favourite

Posted by 5309005162162420230 on Jul 09, 2013

When I first tried these, they weren't my #1 choice among the Quest Bars, even though I know a lot of other people listed as their favourite. But they have slowly grown on me, to the point where they are now 1 of my top 2 of the 6-7 different ones I've tried. The flavour is good, they are appropriately chewy and they deliver a nice pack of protein. Overall, these are hard to beat.

Good protein bar, 4 stars

Posted by Reviewer1950359 on Jul 11, 2012

Perhaps my expectations were too high, as I was a little disappointed the first time I bit into one of these bars. I was bracing for vanilla ice cream in bar form or something equally good, but the vanilla taste was much more subtle than I thought it would be, and the bar wasn't especially sweet (granted, they shouldn't be sickly sweet, that ruins it for me). It was also unexpectedly salty in addition to the sweetness. But as I munched on it, it started growing on me, and I came to appreciate the flavor. The almond bits add a nice touch, and the consistency is excellent; very smooth yet extremely chewy. The list of ingredients is superb, content wise these are some of the best protein bars I've seen, nothing dodgy in them. I give them 3.5 stars for taste, 4 for consistency/texture and 5 for ingredients.

great!

Posted by Reviewer1502859 on Oct 20, 2011

i was higly curious about these bard and im glad that i decided to try them out. I has to get used to the taste and consistency of the bar, but they do grow on you and this is one of my favourite tastes. I also tried the choc brownie one but im not a fan of that one.. great low carb bar and easy to take on the road! I can actually eat this without feeling guilty :P

Best flavour quest bars

Posted by 4964995905220089197 on Jun 01, 2013

I love this flavour, not too sweet but enough to curb the cravings. So good for you and put them in the microwave for 20 seconds... gold! Super fast shipping.

Great flavour

Posted by 5161445846843320207 on Jul 17, 2013

These are one of my top three flavours!

My second favourite from Quest!

Posted by 5402859186808955215 on Jan 27, 2014

These bars are amazing. The only reason they are my second favourite is that the Chocolate Chip Dough are heavenly and superior any other protein bar i have tasted. But these are flawless. Amazing. Delicious. Nam!

Goodness

Posted by 5273463189186932089 on Oct 15, 2014

good flavor, great snack with coffee.

Yes! One of two favorites

Posted by healthydoesit on Aug 22, 2016

Vanilla Almond Crunch and Apple Pie have become my go-to bats in every purchase I make. I've tried many others, but these keep me coming back for more. Vanilla sounds so bland and plain, but these are some of the most flavorful quest bars that I've tried! There's not huge chunks of almonds either, which I love. The bar is soft and chewy, with a lot of yummy flavor. I eat a bar a day and will continue to purchase these. If my review helped you, please check yes below. Take a look at my page for over 150 honest reviews on products I purchased right here through iherb!