Better than soy

Posted by Reviewer2678960 on Aug 25, 2008

I bought this product again, because I noticed that when I drank the soy shake, that it didn't agree with my digestive tract. It has a grainier texture than the soy powder, but I noticed if I shook the can really well, and blended it a little longer, then it tasted alot better.I am returning the two soy cans soon for a refund. Frances

Great taste, a little grainy

Posted by Reviewer1009659 on Oct 18, 2007

This is my first rice protein powder; I've tried milk-based products in the past, and they have a smoother texture. But, for those of us who are lactose or dairy intolerant, this is a great alternative. This stirs into water fine (not instantaneous, but pretty quick to dissolve), but you need to keep stirring periodically or you'll end up with "sludge" in the bottom of your glass. I have also tried it with ice cubes and water in a blender; it makes a slushy-style drink (the chocolate flavor milkshake gives an appearance more like pudding; both flavors are still somewhat grainy, even in the blender). I will buy more, because rice-based protein powders are recommended for giving the GI tract time to heal when Leaky Gut Syndrome is suspected. This is a delicious and easy way to get protein in when meat & beans are not an option! Note: The vanilla is a better buy for the money, yielding 18 svgs. to the chocolate's 15 svgs. per package.

love it

Posted by Reviewer1458298 on Apr 29, 2008

This is not a bad. It is kind of grainy but you need to add dense fruit. For example bananas or mangos, since these fruits have texture they blend very well with this powder.

Very healthy meal alternative

Posted by Reviewer2676592 on May 28, 2009

I use this in place of breakfast when I am in a hurry. It has a lot of nutritional value and uses rice protein which helps for those of us with dairy issues. It does not use any artificial sweeteners. It mixes pretty good with a shaker and I have no problem getting it down. I would have given it 5 stars except for the taste. It tastes ok and is easy to drink, but could taste a little better. All in all, for why I drink it (health) and excellent product.

Great taste

Posted by Reviewer2004783 on Feb 08, 2010

Packed with many beneficial nutrients.

not bad

Posted by Reviewer3285681 on Mar 26, 2010

not bad

smooth and tasty, a vegan dream

Posted by Reviewer3068928 on May 03, 2010

Great for smoothies or with nuts and fruit for brekky. In the evening mix and chill and pour on vegan cream for delicious dessert

Rainbow Light Vanilla Protein Energizer

Posted by Reviewer1237231 on Sep 22, 2010

I don't like this one as much as the chocolate one but it okay. I add a few drops of vanilla creme sweet leaf stevia to it and it is good. It lacks the thick texture of the chocolate one.

Purpose of item and review

Posted by Reviewer2918177 on Feb 13, 2011

This item is one of few protein powders, I have come to rely and enjoy using because it blends very smoothly with what other items and flavors I may add to the mix, such as a fruit piece. Also is very reasonable priced from iherb.

rainbow light review

Posted by Reviewer1396575 on Jul 19, 2011

fast delivery. unfortunately i was charged the customs charges and never had been before.

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »