Better than soy

Posted by Reviewer2678960 on Aug 25, 2008

I bought this product again, because I noticed that when I drank the soy shake, that it didn't agree with my digestive tract. It has a grainier texture than the soy powder, but I noticed if I shook the can really well, and blended it a little longer, then it tasted alot better.I am returning the two soy cans soon for a refund. Frances

doesn't mix

Posted by HealthandBeautyGirl on Feb 04, 2014

Didn't mix as well as my natural factors protein powder. This one contains PHENYLALANINE!!!! isn't this aspartame?!

Delicious and satisfying

Posted by Reviewer2180036 on Oct 16, 2007

I love this energy protein powder. It tastes great with plain soymilk. It mixes pretty easily in just a shaker cup too.

Good protein and doesn't upset the belly

Posted by Reviewer1516584 on Sep 30, 2012

Rainbow Light has quality products and this protein energizer is just another one in a long line. It really does boost my energy in the morning and I can eat/drink it for breakfast in a glass of almond milk and I'm good until lunch. Good flavor, too.

Great taste, a little grainy

Posted by Reviewer1009659 on Oct 18, 2007

This is my first rice protein powder; I've tried milk-based products in the past, and they have a smoother texture. But, for those of us who are lactose or dairy intolerant, this is a great alternative. This stirs into water fine (not instantaneous, but pretty quick to dissolve), but you need to keep stirring periodically or you'll end up with "sludge" in the bottom of your glass. I have also tried it with ice cubes and water in a blender; it makes a slushy-style drink (the chocolate flavor milkshake gives an appearance more like pudding; both flavors are still somewhat grainy, even in the blender). I will buy more, because rice-based protein powders are recommended for giving the GI tract time to heal when Leaky Gut Syndrome is suspected. This is a delicious and easy way to get protein in when meat & beans are not an option! Note: The vanilla is a better buy for the money, yielding 18 svgs. to the chocolate's 15 svgs. per package.

love it

Posted by Reviewer1458298 on Apr 29, 2008

This is not a bad. It is kind of grainy but you need to add dense fruit. For example bananas or mangos, since these fruits have texture they blend very well with this powder.

Very healthy meal alternative

Posted by Reviewer2676592 on May 28, 2009

I use this in place of breakfast when I am in a hurry. It has a lot of nutritional value and uses rice protein which helps for those of us with dairy issues. It does not use any artificial sweeteners. It mixes pretty good with a shaker and I have no problem getting it down. I would have given it 5 stars except for the taste. It tastes ok and is easy to drink, but could taste a little better. All in all, for why I drink it (health) and excellent product.

Horrible..

Posted by Reviewer2618116 on Aug 18, 2008

Tastes atrocious. Turns an unappetizing green color. Thick, grainy consistency. Bad all around. Go with green multi if you are looking for greens, and a real protein drink if you are looking for protein.

Rainbow Light, Protein Energizer, Vanilla, 17 oz

Posted by Reviewer2693653 on Jan 05, 2009

The protein powder has a nice flavor but yet when I put it in my oatmeal it turned it a very bright green color.

Rainbow light

Posted by Reviewer2670335 on Jul 10, 2008

I think that the product has many health benefits but the gritty taste was pretty bad. I probably wouldn't order this again.