July Special - Free International Shipping for orders over $40.00!

Rainbow Research, Henna, 100% Botanical Hair Color and Conditioner, Persian Dark Brown (Sable), 4 oz (113 g)

Excellent for my Chemotherapy-Treated Mother's Greys!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Reviewer1158843 on Jul 17, 2011

It was really hard to convince my Mom to go with a henna product for her grey hair, which turned from a dark, chocolate brown, from chemotherapy, for breast cancer. I have been using the Rainbow Research henna, Persian Red for about 3 months, and it's been doing a really good job of making my greys look like red streaks, which I don't mind at all. I've tried other brands in past, and it was at-first very, very difficult to convince my Mom that this wouldn't make her hair red/orange. She had been using a commercial semi-permanent color, and I was really afraid for her to keep using it. My Mom was adamant about not wanting to do anything more to her hair, I had asked her many times about our having a "spa day" with henna for her greys, and she was too tired or non-believing to accept the offer. When I was ordering some other products at Iherb.com I ordered this as well and had the box sent to my mother's house. She was then able to look at the innocuous jar, and decided she would try it. She was very, very nervous throughout the whole process, but I knew I wouldn't get her to cooperate if I had purchased a 2-step process for grey hair. My persistence and like of my own experiences with this brand of henna paid off, big time! I followed the directions for use with grey hair, vinegar and coffee, no water, for mixing. I don't make a fuss with my own henna concoctions, and just use an ordinary old towel, let it "bake" for about an hour, and I'm always happy with my Persian Red. Well, her hair came out so so close to her natural chocolate brown. I knew the fibers would also help fill in a bald spot on the top of her head. That's why I gently pushed her toward this product as it's a very simple, fast mix, application (I just basically glop it on myself and my Mom with plastic gloves, newspaper on the floor and old towels). And then like my wn process, we just wrapped her hair in an old towel for an hour. Ok, it's a bit messy, but honestly, the results were just gorgeous!!!!! We only rinsed it out with water and then conditioner, and this is an important piece, do not wash it for 24-48 hours. The dye sets in during this time, and the conditioner you use during your rinse will make it very soft. I am really happy and impressed with this henna brand. It's affordable, reliable, and just fantastic! BTW: her grey was about 20-30%. And the bald spot looks a little more filled in. It was also really fun to give my Mom something that she at first refused, but which allowed us to bond, and which had really, really great results. Her hair had lovely dark brown highlights instead of the greys, blended so naturally, my Dad even complimented! AS+++++++++

henna is good

Posted by Reviewer1221512 on Dec 21, 2008

i was skeptical to try this because i wasnt sure the quality of the henna but it was great. felt really weird with this green goop on my hair tho. added great shine

Best Henna I have tried

Posted by Reviewer2794334 on Sep 06, 2009

I loved this henna because it lasts more than 25 days. I have tried other brands that last only 15 to 20 days. It also gives tons of volume-body and great tones to my hair.

very good

Posted by Reviewer3084436 on Dec 26, 2011

Mixed it with coffe and apple vinegar - nice deep brown colour witout orange, covered my grey hair (but happily I have little of it), will buy again.

awesome.

Posted by Reviewer1775206 on Apr 18, 2012

i have a lot of white hairs among my deep brown hairs though i'm only 28 years old! whenever i've got under some big stress they spread all over my head. so i tried this stuff without that much expectation the result of right after rinse it out was not that great. light red color laid on my entire hairs and the white ones turned into mahogany red color. but after three or four more washing, they were not any more that visible. then i applied it on my hair once more, now i don't feel have white hairs any more. they are now light brown, gradated in my own hair. needless say that my hair is healthier than before. 새치가 너무 많아서 한번 시도해 봤는데요. 처음 염색 하고 머리를 감았는데 새치가 불그스름해졌더라구요;; 근데 머리를 몇번 감으니 애들이 뭔가 왠지 잘 안보이게 되길래 염색을 한번 더 했어요. 그러니까 뭔가 그라데이션 된 것 처럼 새치가 감춰졌어요 ㅎ 머리도 전반적으로 불그스름한 갈색으로 코팅됐구용 ㅋ 인디고로 염색을 한번 더 해야 완전히 가려진다는데, 전 이게 더 나은 것 같아요 ㅋ 그리고 머릿결에 정말 좋아요 ㅎㅎ 단점은.. 한번 염색할 때 기본이 세시간이라는거;;;;