New To iHerb?

Rainbow Research, Henna, 100% Botanical Hair Color and Conditioner, Persian Dark Brown (Sable), 4 oz (113 g)

Reviews 5-star

Excellent for my Chemotherapy-Treated Mother's Greys!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Reviewer1158843 on Jul 17, 2011

It was really hard to convince my Mom to go with a henna product for her grey hair, which turned from a dark, chocolate brown, from chemotherapy, for breast cancer. I have been using the Rainbow Research henna, Persian Red for about 3 months, and it's been doing a really good job of making my greys look like red streaks, which I don't mind at all. I've tried other brands in past, and it was at-first very, very difficult to convince my Mom that this wouldn't make her hair red/orange. She had been using a commercial semi-permanent color, and I was really afraid for her to keep using it. My Mom was adamant about not wanting to do anything more to her hair, I had asked her many times about our having a "spa day" with henna for her greys, and she was too tired or non-believing to accept the offer. When I was ordering some other products at Iherb.com I ordered this as well and had the box sent to my mother's house. She was then able to look at the innocuous jar, and decided she would try it. She was very, very nervous throughout the whole process, but I knew I wouldn't get her to cooperate if I had purchased a 2-step process for grey hair. My persistence and like of my own experiences with this brand of henna paid off, big time! I followed the directions for use with grey hair, vinegar and coffee, no water, for mixing. I don't make a fuss with my own henna concoctions, and just use an ordinary old towel, let it "bake" for about an hour, and I'm always happy with my Persian Red. Well, her hair came out so so close to her natural chocolate brown. I knew the fibers would also help fill in a bald spot on the top of her head. That's why I gently pushed her toward this product as it's a very simple, fast mix, application (I just basically glop it on myself and my Mom with plastic gloves, newspaper on the floor and old towels). And then like my wn process, we just wrapped her hair in an old towel for an hour. Ok, it's a bit messy, but honestly, the results were just gorgeous!!!!! We only rinsed it out with water and then conditioner, and this is an important piece, do not wash it for 24-48 hours. The dye sets in during this time, and the conditioner you use during your rinse will make it very soft. I am really happy and impressed with this henna brand. It's affordable, reliable, and just fantastic! BTW: her grey was about 20-30%. And the bald spot looks a little more filled in. It was also really fun to give my Mom something that she at first refused, but which allowed us to bond, and which had really, really great results. Her hair had lovely dark brown highlights instead of the greys, blended so naturally, my Dad even complimented! AS+++++++++

My hair looks and feels wonderful

Posted by 5034820741607647787 on Apr 05, 2014

I had read the reviews and thought it was 'worth a try'. Previously I tried a Lush Cosmetics Henna block (Caca Bruin), but it required 4 hours in the hair, which was not feasible. This is much easier. For this I followed the directions for hair with grey (that is to use brewed coffee and 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar), I bought a hairdresser's cape, wear old clothes and apply Vaseline to my face, neck and ears! I apply the mix with with my hands in disposable gloves and work from the front to back, scalp out to ends, twisting it in strands and patting it onto my head. I achieve good covereage, but if the mixture is a bit thick, it doesn't get right down to the roots. I have found I need to add much more coffee/vinegar than the one cup specified (maybe two cups?) to get it to the slurry stage - more 'gloopy' but not runny. Then I wrap my hair in cling wrap, put on a shower cap - and if others are around, put a towel over the top, turban style. Rinse out using a hand held shower (easier) then condition. My hair looks beautiful at the end, so the two hours (including showers to wash hair before and after)is time well spent. I don't mind the henna smell,so the fact it is there for a few days doesn't bother me. No one has commented about it (other than my husband) so perhaps it isn't obvious anyway. The colour does fade a little, but no obvious lines because it fades to my dark brown hair colour. I tend to get a bit of regrowth (the grey hairs) after about 3 weeks so will probably do it on a four week cycle. After a few goes, you become quite fast at doing it. I leave it on as long as I can (usually about 1.5 hours) and can potter around home. So persevere - it isn' difficult!! The results are much nicer than chemical dyes and my hair is much softer.

very good

Posted by Reviewer3084436 on Dec 26, 2011

Mixed it with coffe and apple vinegar - nice deep brown colour witout orange, covered my grey hair (but happily I have little of it), will buy again.

henna is good

Posted by Reviewer1221512 on Dec 21, 2008

i was skeptical to try this because i wasnt sure the quality of the henna but it was great. felt really weird with this green goop on my hair tho. added great shine

Best Henna I have tried

Posted by Reviewer2794334 on Sep 06, 2009

I loved this henna because it lasts more than 25 days. I have tried other brands that last only 15 to 20 days. It also gives tons of volume-body and great tones to my hair.