Learn how it will work for you

Posted by Reviewer1027479 on Jul 11, 2009

The first time I used this product, I followed the directions exactly, how much water to use and how long to leave it on my hair. I ended up with very bright orange hair. It took two applications of very light blond commercial hair dye to get it calmed down to a fiery red, but at least it got rid of the orange. The next time, I watered it down a lot more and only left it on for a half hour without a shower cap over my hair. I was very happy with the color I got. It was very close to the strawberry blond that was my natural color. My hair also feels good, not dried out the way commercial dye does. Now I will be interested to see if it lasts in my hair longer than the stuff I used to use.

Beautiful, good quality, all natural Henna!

Posted by 5288956612769287116 on Sep 10, 2015

I was a bit skeptical after reading a couple of negative reviews, but I feel that anyone who has anything bad to say about this brand either A)Didn't do their research B)Hasn't used Henna before. This is my first time ever using Henna and I absolutely love it! This is a really great price and quality Henna. I read TONS learning about how to deal with this product before buying it and glad to say had very lovely results. I developed the dye for 12 hours, using red berry tea instead of water and added lemon juice to help the dye release. Applied it to my hair (at this point I realised my mixture may have been a bit thick as it thickens when you leave it aside) and wrapped my hair and let it develop overnight. Washed it out in the morning and ran off to uni. Really easy to use when you follow directions and take precautions in regards to mess. Put towels down, use gloves, use hairdye brush, and vaseline along forhead hair line and the tops of my ears. This colour came out a very auburn orange red colour to my medium brown hair, if you want a red red I'd suggest one of their other colours (which im trying next time). Overall great experience, loved the result and got so many compliments on my hair, which is so unusual for me!

Beautiful colour and shine

Posted by Clepsydra on Feb 09, 2014

I have tried diferent colours of this brand, and I prefer this one, because not turns dark my natural colour (brown), and gives beautiful red hightlights on my gray hair. My hair shines with only one hour of treatment, and is very easy to remove. I love this henna. I would repeat!!

Persian Red Henna

Posted by 5630298241599510582 on Nov 30, 2014

I have long hair nearly to my waist. I do not have any grey. This product is the best. It adds some red and enhances my natural highlights. When you use henna, you are naturally coloring and conditioning your hair. Not damaging or drying at all. Easy to use and so many colors to mix to get the perfect shade for you.

Nothing to complain

Posted by kaltzu on Oct 11, 2013

I would like a brighter red, but I think this is as bright as you can get with henna. I like the jar, it's handy to store the rest of the colour for later (there's colour for at least 2 uses, more if you have short hair).

phenomenal

Posted by Reviewer2044825 on Feb 09, 2015

I have used this product several times and other 100% Henna products. It looks natural and everyone compliments me. I can't believe a person wrote that her hair fell out. My hair has never fallen out from Henna. Maybe she had gobs of chemicals or referred to a different product. I have long hair and only use a 1/4 of a jar each time. This makes dying my hair cost $1.35. Got to love it! And it's healthy. I have multiple chemical sensitivity and could never dream of using regular hair dye anymore. It would make me quite ill. Anyhow, just saying, I mix it with hot water and 1 tbsp of vinegar and leave on for 45 minutes. I shampoo my hair first, the apply, then only rinse after 45 minutes, and then wait several days before washing again. My Henna has never washed out even though it oddly says it does. Interestingly, when I permanently dyed my hair years ago before I became chemically sensitive, it strongly faded out. In other words, the Henna stayed in stronger than the chemical hair dyes, at least for me.

Love it

Posted by 5179787325484961853 on Jun 18, 2014

Just like any other Henna color. Great color, nice smell, nice price. You probably need a little bit more water than it says, and two of these boxes to cover entire hair.

Great product

Posted by 4624970772675466105 on May 03, 2016

Messy of course but does the trick and lasts ages! I wouldn't say it was red in my hair more orange especially on my white hairs...which I think is kinda cool!! Iv added coffee and apple cider vinegar as suggested for a darker colour but it was still bright :) I'm happy with the result and wow the tub goes far! My hair is past my shoulders and I get 2 rounds with one tub :)

Rainbow Research Henna Red Hair Dye

Posted by 4761559342230444587 on May 16, 2016

Worked really well! Beautiful, rich red colour that also didn't look unnatural. Delivered well within the estimated delivery date as well.

Everything I expected

Posted by 5332982024946869305 on Jul 06, 2016

I mixed my Henna up with Rooibos tea and let it sit for just under 12 hours, super easy to apply and not as messy as other organic hair dyes I have used. It sat in my hair for 4 hours and it washed out easier than a lot of other people say it does. And the herbal smell that everyone refers to I can only compare to Green Barley, so if you don't like the smell of it, you might want to reconsider. I never expected to get a good orange color from the Henna but I was wrong because it's a lovely orange, and I'm really happy with it, I have medium brown hair and it worked wonders. If you have a habit of nibbling on the end of your hair at random times of the day, Henna is not for you because it tastes gross...

« Previous | 1 2 3 | Next »