Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman, Miracle Complexion Sponge, 1 Sponge

Great Alternative to the Beauty Blender!

Posted by lillysbeautyspot on Sep 24, 2013

I love my Beauty Blender however if anything lets it down, it's the cost of it. I love using my Beauty Blender for applying my makeup as it gives such a flawless finish so was super excited when Real Techniques released the Complexion Sponge. I've used this for a week now and find it a great alternative to the Beauty Blender. The great thing about this is the shape of it which makes it easy to manoeuvre around the face. The Beauty Blender is a lot more soft and porous than this sponge which is a plus as well as a negative as what it means that in the Beauty Blender a lot of my makeup ends up being soaked into the sponge. The good thing about the Real Techniques one is that as its not as porous the makeup will only sink in a little and not completely so right into the middle of the sponge. I would definitely recommend this sponge to others as it is just as good or even better than the Beauty Blender. I will definitely be repurchasing :)

GREAT DUPE FOR THE BEAUTYBLENDER

Posted by michellelouise From Norway on Sep 30, 2013

Great sponge, makes my foundation and concealer look absolutely FLAWLESS. The flat side of the sponge is great for the under eye area. I use to wet it, then squeeze out the excess water. Then I buff the foundation into the skin, and I also "roll" the sponge over my face to make it look even more flawless. It blends the concealer and foundation perfectly into the skin. Compared to the BeautyBlender, this sponge is way softer and it's also a lot easier to work with. BUT, I won't give it 5 stars, because it's really hard to clean. Takes forever to get it clean, and you have to wash it everyday (if you use it everyday). Other than that, this sponge is GREAT. :)

Great Sponge!

Posted by 5221873207495587027 on Sep 26, 2013

I have been eyeing off the Beauty Blender for a really long time but the price always put me off. When RT came out with their sponge for a fraction of the price I was so excited! I chose express shipping to Australia and it arrived 2 business days. I've used it a couple of times and found it gives a really natural finish and my foundation doesn't look cakey. It does sheer out my foundation though (which can be a good thing for heavy coverage ones). I dampen it before I use it and it doesn't seem to use any more product than my usual RT expert face brush. I took one star off because the sponge gets stained so easily and it's quite time-consuming to wash compared to my brushes.

la mejor

Posted by Reviewer2741554 From Mexico on Oct 21, 2013

llevo usándola 2 semanas y la verdad desde la primera vez que la usé me gustó mucho..tengo la original beauty blender, las esponjas de ebay de mil formas y tamaños y como esta ninguna, no se "come" los productos liquidos como bases o correctores, deja un aspecto y efecto muy natural y lo mejor no necesitas estar difuminando y difuminando para este efecto..la recomiendo ampliamente..

Awesome!

Posted by 4971281786759414400 on Jan 15, 2014

I just got mine today and I have to say it is amazing. I use an ELF stippling brush but this sponge comes in first. It is easy to use and easy to apply liquid foundation. I use BB cream and it was applied better and more flawless than my stippling brush when the sponge is wet. I haven't tried the Beauty Blender so I might stick with this for a while. I give it two thumbs up.