Gifts Best Sellers Specials New Products Product Trials Conditions A-Z

Seventh Generation, Natural Dishwasher Detergent Gel, Free & Clear, 42 oz (1.19 kg) (Discontinued Item)

Effective, Safe, Green, Sustainable, Ethical, Vegan, and Cruelty-Free

Posted by rabbit on Aug 16, 2012

Seventh Generation products are based on the following principle from the Great Law of the Iroquois Confederacy: "In our every deliberation, we must consider the impact of our decisions on the next seven generations." This company is a leader in effective, green, sustainable, vegan, and cruelty-free products. The company has taken it upon themselves to spread the message that we have a responsibility to think about the consequences of our actions upon future generations and I respect that. Besides their strong ethical business practices, the product works very well. You only have to fill the dispenser 1/2 full. I never have any streaks on my glasses and my dishes are always very clean. The container reads that the product is not meant to be consumed, but it is also not poisonous - a good thing when it comes to a product that will be touching something from which you will be eating or drinking. It's good to have safe products like this if you have pets or children who might accidentally ingest the product.

Only use 1/4 and no extra foam

Posted by LantauMama on Jun 10, 2013

We used a few other brands, but they often left foam residue at the bottom of the dishwasher. With this one, we only fill up the reservoir 1/4 full and the dishes are clean and there is no foam - love that it has not smell too!

Mild, Natural and Environmentally Friendly

Posted by SassySingaporean on Oct 10, 2013

Love it for being natural and kind to the environment. One of the very few dishwasher detergents that are rated highly on EWG for being non-toxic. Cleaned well and didn't leave any streaks or fragrance.

Wonderful

Posted by Reviewer2226723 on Dec 26, 2011

No awful perfume smell to go along with your drink. The dishes are spotless, and my dishwasher doesn't smell like a perfume company

Like it very much

Posted by newday on Dec 26, 2011

Different composition - milkier than previous product. I think it goes a good job however I am one of those who rinses dishes well before putting them in the dishwasher. Am allergic to most soaps so have to be careful what I was my dishes and clothes with and have had no negative results from thie 7th generation product.