Not for IUD bleeding...

Posted by Reviewer2418065 on Dec 01, 2011

I bought the Shepherd's Purse tincture to stop the uncontrollable bleeding my copper IUD was causing. I have been bleeding uncontrollably for 4 months straight but I did not want to have the IUD removed because it is one of the very few non-hormonal birthcontrol methods that has such a high rate of success. So I bought the Shepherd's Purse in hopes that it would at lease slow down my bleeding...Unfortunately, it did not. I used it as directed until the bottle was gone and I never saw any improvement. I would even use more than directed since my bleeding was so heavy, but it didn't work. I also tried combining the tincture with Shepherd's Purse tea bags I had purchased from another company hoping the natural astringent characteristics would eventually take over. But it didn't work for me. I do not doubt the Purse's effectiveness or abilities, I just would not suggest this as a remedy for those suffering from bleeding as a result of an IUD. I will be having mine removed next week.

unpleasantly surprised

Posted by Reviewer1058619 on Apr 03, 2011

This product did absolutely nothing for me. All the reviews were so positive and this is a good brand, so not sure what the problem was. I only tried it once and have plenty left, so maybe will give it another shot and update the review if I get a better result.