Shepherd's Purse from the Eclectic Institute

Posted by 5263571737938169734 on Jul 21, 2014

I had read about Shepherd's purse in connection with uterine prolapse. I didn't realize it was also used for excessive bleeding, whether from the uterus, the bladder or wounds. I have continued to have menstrual periods, ever since my doctor put me on HRT (even though I quit HRT almost 10 years ago). She thought I was too young at the time for menopause. "good for the bones" I was told. I started taking the Shepherd's Purse liquid in tea for three days. Then I skipped a day, being away from home all day. The next morning I had vaginal bleeding. So I took the tea for another three days. No bleeding. I accidentally skipped another day. Next morning, some slight bleeding. I wondered if it was a coincidence, but I don't think so. I have continued to take the minimum recommended dose, and I have had no more bleeding. I'm ordering another bottle!

Health#1b

Posted by 4759010896933677467 on Jan 30, 2014

All my needs were met.

Great!!

Posted by Reviewer1818116 on Apr 23, 2013

Helped my wife a lot!!!

takes a few days but works

Posted by Reviewer2144222 on Apr 10, 2013

after 3 weeks heavy flow I had passed out twice and couldn't stay out of bed more than an hour. I started Shepherds purse every few hours and was about to give up on it after three days. the fourth day I improved by 50%. within a couple more days bleeding stopped. I now take a half dose twice a day the week before my period. I also MUST take iron supplement. I'm having a really late menopause in my 50s. other than this episode I'm healthy as long as I get my iron, exercise, very little meat and dessert only twice a week. no hot flashes and mood swings. don't let the drug companies scare you. you can handle it with a good doctor who doesn't depend on horse pee and surgery. also, I've shopped around. iherb has the BEST price.

Huge Improvement

Posted by Reviewer2077360 on Dec 30, 2012

I agree with the other reviews here - this makes heavy, uncomfortable periods a thing of the past! I can hardly believe it after trying it for the first time. I took this twice a day rather than the recommended 3 times, and it made a big difference. I combined this with Yarrow (also by Eclectic Institute) and added a herbal tea bag into the water to improve the taste - easy to take and very effective.

Amazing!

Posted by 5559067813168731053 on Sep 10, 2012

I was a little skeptical before using this, but I was desperate. I had a copper IUD inserted about 3 months ago and everything was fine until 2 weeks after my last period. I started hemorrahging and it still hadn't stopped after 11 days and was only getting worse. So I ordered this (overnight delivery) and it started working right away. I took twice the recommended dose the first day and the a little less the day after. By the third day, my bleeding had completely stopped!

This has totally regulated my periods.

Posted by Reviewer1582777 on Jul 03, 2012

It's given me a 28-day cycle, and very little period pain, no PMS to speak of. Of the tinctures I have tried for menstrual problems (Chaste Tree, and Lady's Mantle) this as absolutely the best.

great product

Posted by Reviewer3011287 on Apr 02, 2012

Very effective

Wonderful product!

Posted by ShelleyP on Mar 30, 2012

I'm currently going thru peri-menopause and about a year back I experienced an extremely heavy menstrual flow (or flooding as it's called). This was pretty stressful as it was the first time I'd had a period like this. After reading up on flooding, Shepherd's Purse was one of the most highly recommended treatments. The first bottle I used a couple dropperfuls, 5 or 6 times a day. Within 24 hours, the bleeding had subsided to a perfectly normal level. Since then, I've had a heavier than usual flow once or twice and controlled it much the same way. By the way, you can get similar results with Lady's Mantle herb and Yarrow (tincture or tea). In my experience, one remedy at a time is sufficient, you don't need to use them together.

Shepherd's Purse

Posted by Reviewer3037439 on Oct 25, 2011

This stuff is nothing short of amazing for normalizing heavy menstrual flow. I used it about 6 times a day during a very heavy flow day, and it was miraculous! My heavy periods had left me anemic and exhausted, and now I have a solution to the problem.

« Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next »