Grate for sensitive and very dry skin!

Posted by Reviewer2380750 on Jul 14, 2011

This is actually something that works for very dry and sensitive skin. This moisturizes jet does not irritate – and my skin gets irritated with almost anything. This probably works due to the lack of antioxidants. Too much of a good thing can be irritating for sensitive skin :) Paula Pegoun gave it a smiley face with a tick and says: This is a good, emollient facial moisturizer for dry, sensitive skin. In terms of repairing skin, it contains non-fragrant plant oils whose fatty acids help mimic the natural components of healthy skin. ShiKai would have an even better formula if they had included, say, some ceramides or glycosaminoglycans, not to mention more than a token amount of antioxidants. Still, this fragrance-free moisturizer is worth considering if you have sensitive or rosacea-affected skin. Borage seed oil is not as spectacular as ShiKai makes it out to be, but it is a worthwhile plant oil that's helpful for dry skin with an impaired barrier function. This product's value for sensitive skin is what earns it our highest rating. Ingredients: Water, Borage (Borago Officinalis) Seed Oil, Avocado (Persea Gratissima) Oil, Jojoba (Simmondsia Chinensis) Seed Oil, Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Shea Butter (Butyrospermum Parkii) Fruit, Tocopherol Acetate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Batyl Alcohol, Citric Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin

A great product!

Posted by juihung on Mar 29, 2008

My wife has been looking for moisturizers that really do the job of moisturization for her dry skin. To our surprise, the moisturizing effects of Shikai's borarge dry skin therapy are far more amazing than we first expected. Shikai's products keep our dry skin deeply moisturized all day long, not temporarily. Now my wife loves to use Shikai's 24-hour repair cream for her face and to use Shikai's dry skin therapy lotion for her body. In fact, before we try Shikai, my wife likes to use Dr.Cilabo, a Japanese cosmetic brand. Shikai is similar to Dr.Cilabo in nature with a far reasonable price. From now on, we will not try those expensive brands again. We recommend those who suffer from severe dry skin problems use Shikai. Try it, and you will love it.

Great for seborrheic dermatitis!

Posted by Reviewer2649795 on Jul 03, 2010

I had a patch of seb derm near my eye that wouldn't heal, no matter what I used. Ketanazole and cortisone creams helped a little with the flaking, but the skin was still red, tight, itchy and dry. I read somewhere that borage oil is good for seb derm, so I slathered some of this cream on at night and on dry patches during the day. Two days later, my skin is healed! No more itching, redness, flakes, or irritation. My skin feels soft, smooth and comfortable. This cream is a lifesaver! I especially like that it's unfragranced, non-greasy, safe to use near my eyes and can penetrate even dry, flaky skin. I'll definitely keep a tube around!

Wonderful Product

Posted by Reviewer1739465 on Nov 15, 2010

In my 40's my facial skin has become drier and sensitive. This product has been great for that. I use it after washing my face with the Mychelle products (also sold on Iherb). However, this cream works better for me than the Mychelle moisturizers or any other for that matter. It keeps my face moist, not greasy, and there's not much of a fragrance. I've used it for years and am glad that Iherb sells it at a better price than the health stores around here.

Keeps my skin soft

Posted by Reviewer1859116 on Sep 14, 2010

I have been using this for a few years and my skin stays soft even though I swim in a pool frequently.

Shikai, Borage Dry Skin Therapy 24 Hour Facial Repair Cream

Posted by Reviewer2896447 on Apr 01, 2008

This product is the bomb-having had super dry skin my whole life this beats everything I have tried-I also have very seneitive skin and this product didn't bother my eyes or my skin, my skin still feels moist but not greasy at the end of a long day after apply on the a.m. after taking my shower, last's all night when applied in the evening-will continue to purchase it. I-Herb is the best place I have ever ordered from. My products came lightning fast, shipping was super cheap, and everthing arrived in great condition due to there expertize packaging.

Not satisfied /Не очень

Posted by MultiMama on Jul 23, 2012

I have dry and sensitive skin. This cream is not irritating but doesn't give enough moisturizing to my skin, it's too light, besides, it went off very soon despite storing in a cool and dry place.Слишком легкий, увлажняет слабо, быстро испортился при хранении в сухом и прохладном месте.

Great for dry skin

Posted by dav605 on Jun 30, 2012

I had been having a problem with dry skin on my face, probably because I am getting older and the air is often dry in Southern California. I like this cream because it isn't heavy, is unscented, and is a good moisturizer. It definitely reduces dryness, redness, and flaking. I also appreciate that it is small enough to carry onto an airplane. It isn't cheap, but it works so well that I use it as my every day moisturizer, not just when my skin is unusually dry. A small amount goes farther than other moisturizers, which is surprising, because it seems pretty light.

Deep penetrating moisteriser

Posted by Reviewer1601052 on Sep 14, 2008

It really is removing the fine lines around eyes! I'm 37 and have used alot of organic, cruelty-free products and none of them work as well as this. They either over moisteriser leaving my skin lumpy and pimply, or they're too watery and leave it dry and tight. This one just really moisterises deeply without leaving any residue behind. Don't know how they managed to get the balance right. I use it with the dry skin therapy facial clenser. Incredible iHerb delivery time too. Took only 4 days to arrive at my door in Perth, Australia!

Great Stuff!

Posted by Reviewer2016822 on Sep 02, 2009

I have been using this product for several months now and it works wonders. My face is never dry and I swear I have less wrinkles.