curl enhancer

Posted by Reviewer3195942 on Feb 23, 2009

Love this product - it really does what it says: enhances natural curl. I have naturally wavy hair, and it boosts the wave without adding heaviness. Also kind of conditions it - takes out any frizz from damp weather. Doesn't leave a shiny, artificial "waxy" look, either. I use Dr. Bronner Baby-Mild Bar soap to wash my hair (wash warm, rinse very cool), towel dry and spray the Shikai Curl Enhancer on -- so easy. Just make sure you shake it very well each time you use it.

This worked more like a styling gel

Posted by Reviewer1185928 on Dec 25, 2010

This product was fine on my naturally wavy hair. I used this product hoping to enhance those waves to a curl and it actually makes my hair straighter and holds it in place like a gel.

Not much curl really

Posted by Reviewer1175250 on Nov 04, 2010

I have wavy hair, and I found that this curling solution didn't curl my hair any more than scrunch drying with a normal styling spray would. I also found the curl disappeared after a few hours. However, it did give my hair more body, and possibly enhanced the henna colour in my hair. Unfortunately, this is a scented product, and although the perfume is light and disappears after a while, it triggered off my chemical sensitivity slightly. It would be good if the company could provide an unscented option.

Great product line

Posted by Reviewer1019614 on Mar 24, 2009

I cannot say enough about this product line. I've used many of the products. The curl enhancer works as advertised and leaves hair healthy, doesn't weigh hair down or dry out.

very good curl enhancer

Posted by Reviewer1817474 on Jan 14, 2011

It really works at making your hair curly.

Really love curl enhancer

Posted by Reviewer1437455 on Oct 06, 2011

I use the Shikai Curl Enhancer as a setting lotion. I don't have curls, just waves. I like its light weight better than the Aussie setting gel that I've used for years. My hair is thick and heavy and the Shikai spray does a wonderful job giving my hair volume and form when I blow dry it. My hair has always been fairly easy to control, but lacks the lift that this spray provides. I will buy it again.

A Great Curl Enhancer

Posted by 5172182123833018007 on Oct 03, 2012

I love this product! My hair is naturally wavy, not curly. But, I can't say enough about this fine product. It works at making my hair curly. I use this after I get out of the shower. It is very light. My hair is naturally wavy, but this gives it ringlets and curls. I hate spending time on my hair, but this is very quick and easy. No more wavy hair, but curls! It is just wonderful. It also adds shine to my hair, which I didn't expect. The curls in my hair are nice and scrunched, not frizzy.

ok

Posted by Reviewer1056381 on Sep 02, 2011

Smells nice. It's really light, does not weight hair down as most curl creams tend to do. Can indeed be sprayed "liberally"; I'm still playing with the amount necessary to create curl, but haven't experienced a producty feel so far. Scrunches in really well.

First Time User

Posted by Reviewer1690278 on Apr 08, 2011

This goes on light and does not seem to weight my hair down. I have not used it long enough to judge how well it enhances curl, and my hair is not extremely curly. It has a light and pleasant scent. I ordered it because I liked the Shikai Color Reflect, Color Lock, Maximum Hold Hair Spray so well. I have very fine and thin hair that is now curly after an illness. So far I am pleased. I only give it 4 stars since I have not had as much time to use it and decide.

Underwhelmed

Posted by Reviewer1083475 on Oct 12, 2011

I've been searching for something to set my curls and mostly prevent frizz. This is watery and just doesn't seem to do much for the frizz, just dampens my hair and makes it look wet for a while. I love many Shikai products, but this one isn't what I'm looking for.

« Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next »