Too much taste and smell of alcohol

Posted by 94Tina on Sep 30, 2012

I think you can really smell and taste the alcohol in this one. Especially when you use too much - which is quite easy to do, because of the big opening on top. I have to pour it in to the lid before adding it to my food, so I won't pour out too much. I like the fact that it's orcanic and has few ingredients, though.

Very Good AND GLUTEN FREE!

Posted by Reviewer3000993 on Jul 15, 2014

In the United States, in order for a vanilla extract to be called pure, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration requires that the solution contains a minimum 35% of alcohol and 100g of vanilla beans per litre (13.35 ounces per gallon).[refer to Food and Drug Administration (April 1, 2010). "Food and Drugs, Chapter I, Subchapter A, Food for Human Consumption, Part 169—Food Dressings and Flavorings"] ---- so, of course this has a high alcohol content! It is a requirement!! Come on people, be fair in your criticism. Besides, the alcohol burns away in cooking/baking, so what's the problem?

Horrible!

Posted by Reviewer1231516 on Dec 04, 2011

VERY little smell of vanilla overpowered by the smell of alcohol. This is my 4th time ordering from all the different brands of extracts sold on iHerb, and I've been disappointed each time. Please bring in Mccormick's brand of extracts. They have the best.

Simply Organic, Madagascar Pure Vanilla Extract, 2 fl oz (59 ml)

Posted by Reviewer2100867 on Jul 10, 2011

This has a strong taste of alchol with very little taste of vanilla. A waste of money & a very poor product indeed! Will buy from supermarket next time.

I'm in love with it!!!

Posted by Reviewer1445875 on Jun 10, 2013

I add this extract in all my bakes and it turns out wonderfully! I love this smell and taste of fresh vanilla beans and not a synthetic vanilla that is sold in our shops. I will definitely continue to buy it, but in large bottles ;-)

Great taste

Posted by MandyEm on Feb 01, 2013

and I love that it's organic. I've used it in several recipes so far and it tastes great.

The real thing!

Posted by Reviewer1173426 on Jun 14, 2011

Very good extract

Loves it!

Posted by Reviewer1250653 on Oct 23, 2011

I use this in everything that needs vanilla, its a really good product!

The best!

Posted by 5325787562753478247 on Jul 03, 2014

I do a lot of baking..bread, cookies or pies. This one is the best vanilla extract I have ever used so far. It helps me to bake the best peacan pies.

a bit sticky

Posted by Reviewer2526491 on May 13, 2011

Only minus with this one is that the bottle is made the way that when you pour, it comes down your bottle instead, so it gets really sticky and some of the liquid goes to waste. otherwise- great taste and price