Excellent Source of Calcium for Pregnant and Nursing Mothers

Posted by Reviewer2398514 on May 27, 2013

My wife has been using this calcium complex for several months now. We have noticed less joint stiffness and pain. We're hoping to reverse her loss of bone density due to pregnancy and nursing and will update this review after we've confirmed the efficacy for this type of application. We've continued buying this to be able to continuously take its highly absorbable form of calcium. PROs: -Complete Complex of synergistic vitamins and minerals -High calcium uptake in bones and teeth -Use of Albion Minerals from high quality sources (patented process) -Pills are coated to make them easier to swallow and to prevent feeling the typical chalkiness of calcium pills CONs: -Pills are large and some people may have difficulty swallowing, even one at a time We do highly recommend this product. Solgar has been around since 1947 and is a trusted name. The only reason we have given 4 stars is that there is not an option for a smaller pill size for this particular complex.

A very good combination

Posted by 5302781962227936516 on May 27, 2015

It is a nice complex with not only calcium, but also other mineral that you need to take together in order to increase absorption. K2, Magnesium, and Zinc especially. The tablets are large and you need to take 4 at a time for the does, that is a bit of a down side.

Good product

Posted by ISLAND on Oct 10, 2016

Good product

The best calcium-magnesium supplement I could find

Posted by Reviewer1139610 on Sep 24, 2016

All other similar supplements seem to contain an unhealthy dose of magnesium oxide, also known as milk of magnesia, also known as medication for constipation. Of course they won't tell you how much, only that the magnesium compounds are listed in descending order of content. Whether this is by elemental or molecular weight I do not know. In either case, the dose of magnesium oxide is typically about the same as one constipation pill - not something I want to eat. This Solgar product has none. Solgar is a bit expensive but I have used their products for many (maybe 30) years and have no reason to doubt the quality. By the way, just coincidence I'm sure, but magnesium oxide is cheap as dirt.