Supplementing calcium is a terrible idea - citrate is even worse IMHO

Posted by Health-Is-Wealth on Mar 14, 2014

Good for - calcification, depleting other essential nutrients and causing difficult to resolve gut pH issues. If you find benefit from supplementing calcium, strongly suggest looking into why that might be. I can't think of one good reason to do so that can't be resolved another less detrimental way - I can think of many reasons not to. I used to be a fan of citrate, I really did. However - I had stains on my toilet bowl that nothing would remove - and I mean NOTHING. I tried the most industrial cleaners I could find, scouring pads and the strongest elbow grease I could muster - nothing worked. Then I remembered the amazing powers of citric acid and thought why not try it. I sprinkled some around the bowl and left it. And wow. I didn't even need to scrub the worst stain - it flushed away. I was gobsmacked. Citric acid is now my staple bathroom cleaner. And is one reason why I'll never take anything citrate again. As a 'mild' blood thinner and chelating agent, it might work wonders for those in need of an artery cleanse, but is definitely not for me. The results of my toilet bowl test certainly help explain some things. I've read krebs cycle formulations are less tolerated by those suffering allergies or immune dysfunction. If this review was helpful to you, please click YES below - thank you. For reviews of all the products I have purchased from iHerb, please click my username above.

Love This Product!

Posted by Reviewer1123168 on Aug 05, 2010

I have been using Solgar Calcium-Magnesium Citrate for years. It is especially good for older people who have a hard time swallowing pills. The coating on it helps slide down easy. Also, it absorbs into your blood stream quite fast. Just don't get them wet before you put them into your mouth because they do tend to dissolve fast.

extraordinary

Posted by 4994467093912001848 on Jun 20, 2015

Extraordinary product!! Helped me with my osteoporosis. I'd like to recommend it to everyone!

very good product

Posted by 4803169622855015944 on Apr 07, 2016

and a fast delivery

Excellent

Posted by 5097837852410615234 on Jun 01, 2016

This is the best mg ca ever! I have used it for 1,5 year and my husband too. Absolutely no gastrointestinal effects.

Excellent choice

Posted by 5278915104223528740 on Apr 23, 2015

excellent.......when ready,will order again

Excellent product

Posted by 5608764717269171865 on Jan 08, 2014

The product was wrapped well and arrived with no problems

Great Product