Magnesium Oxide Poorly Absorbed

Posted by Reviewer2187234 on Aug 04, 2014

Please be aware that Solgar has reformulated this product. It previously contained 400 mg. of Mg. Glycinate, 135 mg. of Ca. and 15 mg. of Na. It now contains 400 mg. of Mg. Glycinate and Mg. Oxide. I contacted Solgar but they would not divulge the breakdown of Glycinate and Oxide which is considered proprietary information. My concern is that Mg. Oxide is cheap but it's the least absorbable form of Magnesium - about 4% absorbable, to my knowledge. The net result is that the customer is potentially getting considerable less Magnesium than before.

Not convincing

Posted by Reviewer2516176 on Mar 12, 2011

I have been taking this for about 6 months, but I'm not able to raise my magnesium levels with 6 tablets of this product. I'm currently taking 8 tablets,and if that doesn't do the job, I'll have to switch to another brand/form.

Great formula

Posted by marcosandrey on Apr 03, 2014

This is indeed the best form of magnesium that is. Magnesium Glycine should be combined with chelated calcium and Vitamin D3, 10,000 IU per day, with vitamin K2 (MK7, menaquinone) so that there is no calcification of arteries and STROKE. There it is a perfect combination for a health condition that pharmaceutical loathe you had! Think about it!

Good

Posted by Reviewer1366473 on Oct 21, 2011

Only problem is that you need to take four of these every day, but that's the case with almost all Mg supplements. Also contains Calcium.

Works Great

Posted by DrJah24 on Nov 19, 2013

I ordered this b/c its impossible to find Chelated Magnesium Glycinate in any retail store around where I live. This product works great and doesn't make you poop your guts out like magnesium oxide and other forms I have tried. This form actually works and provides great bio-availability. Works great for sleeping too!

Excellent Product

Posted by 4707264081728185289 on Jun 12, 2012

I was having bowel issues with magnesium oxide at 400 mg/day. The issue lasted for months. But just 2 days after switching to Solgar's product, I returned to normal and remain so. Highly recommended.

Solgar keeps their promise.

Posted by Reviewer2321332 on Jul 19, 2011

Really good magnesium, loosing up my muscles and give my a good sleep. In combination with Solgar Zink Picolinate, and B6-vitamins.

solgar chelated magnesium

Posted by Reviewer2983333 on Aug 21, 2010

I have been taking this magnesium for the past 16years it is an excellent product

good quality

Posted by Reviewer2343404 on Feb 11, 2009

good source of magnesium, doesn't cause stomach upset

Buying it 2nd time and I'm impressed

Posted by 4880439229845687540 on Jan 04, 2014

I have high blood pressure and this naturally lowers it. Although no more than 100mg should be taken at once, sometimes I take 3 and really makes me sleepy (which is good since I have insomnia). Recommended!

« Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next »