Solgar, Folate As Metafolin, 800 mcg, 100 Tablets

Solgar comes through as usual

Posted by 5310205299263986534 on Mar 31, 2014

The first time I took a tablet, it became so clear just how "blocked up" my MTHFR SNP had made me. Within an hour, I was lifted up into a terrific mood. My energy levels improved out of nowhere, I felt stronger and healthier, optimistic and joyful. I crashed soon after, no doubt a depletion of co-factors, so make sure you're taking a good B complex to keep your methylation co-factors topped off.

Essential Nutrient

Posted by Reviewer1000115 on Oct 21, 2012

This seemed to really give me a burst of energy and a sense of well being initially. By the third day I did develope some side effects of swelling in my ankles and dizziness. After some research, I learned that other people reported it increases a need for potassium. I'm also not sure if this had anything to do with an increase in my appetite because I was also trying some new digestive enzymes during the same time period. I quit taking this due to a fear in it contributing to me gaining a few pounds, however I do not know for sure if it really did or not. I would like to try it again since it improved my mood greatly, but I do have a hard time taking the weight off once I put it on. So for me this is one of those supplements that seems *great*, but should be taken with a bit of caution and some research.

Very important supplement.

Posted by Reviewer1385103 on Aug 04, 2011

We all need this. Too bad it is so expensive and they have a patent on it so there is no competition.

Just okay in efficacy, but the tablets melt nicely under the tongue!

Posted by Reviewer1301066 on Jul 28, 2010

Despite all the hype about methylation, I haven't found this form of folate as effective as folinic acid when comparing both at the same dose. I have anaemic symptoms from either low iron, B12 or folate, so I watch ferritin levels and take B12 and folate in various forms to help and they all WORK. I'm going to focus more on my folinic acid tablets as they give me more energy.

I don't feel so tired as much.

Posted by Reviewer1565372 on Jan 05, 2011

I suffer frrom Chronic fatigue going on for two decades. This product gives a boost of strength after I reached a plateu with megadoses of Vitamin D3. I take one pill once a day as recommended with B12 sublingual. I would like to know if higher doses can be taken for chronic fatigue.