Potent product on acceptable price.

Posted by TinVal on Aug 19, 2012

L-methylfolate - the active form of folate in the blood and the only type that can cross the blood-brain barrier. Unlike regular folic acid, Metafolin does not require enzymatic conversion to L-methylfolate in the body. By providing L-methylfolate directly, this patented form of folic acid may have benefits for those who do not produce enough L-methylfolate in response to folic acid supplementation. For those who take proper doses of vitamins B12 and B6, and TMG (trimethylglycine), but still suffer from higher-than-optimal homocysteine, Metafolin may be the solution. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - The only one problem with this item is that Solgar company uses so many ingredients(magnesium stearate, mannitol, stearic acid) which hinder the absorption of active ingredient.

Ms Dar C

Posted by Reviewer1445923 on Feb 06, 2009

I am taking this as preventative with the sublingual form of B12 Methylcobalim for age related memory decline. Also B6 P5P form... All 3 are easier assimilated form. Also for homocystein levels.

Best Deal

Posted by Reviewer3295948 on Dec 30, 2008

This was by-far the best deal for activated Folic acid. The only problem is that they are tablets, not capsules, so you have to grind them up to give them to children.

Energy Levels up

Posted by Reviewer2818873 on Mar 30, 2011

I find my energy levels have increased and I can cope much better.

Folate

Posted by Reviewer1869414 on Dec 25, 2008

Use it daily and will continue to use it. Good product..PC

I don't feel so tired as much.

Posted by Reviewer1565372 on Jan 05, 2011

I suffer frrom Chronic fatigue going on for two decades. This product gives a boost of strength after I reached a plateu with megadoses of Vitamin D3. I take one pill once a day as recommended with B12 sublingual. I would like to know if higher doses can be taken for chronic fatigue.

hair loss

Posted by Reviewer2297068 on Jan 25, 2011

It was recommended for hair loss that I had been unable to stop. The idea was that regular folic acid isn't absorbed by everyone, so I should try this form of it. I have also been taking hylauronic acid so I'm not sure what is working. My hair does seem better altho it is still falling out, but I am getting some regrowth.

Just okay in efficacy, but the tablets melt nicely under the tongue!

Posted by Reviewer1301066 on Jul 28, 2010

Despite all the hype about methylation, I haven't found this form of folate as effective as folinic acid when comparing both at the same dose. I have anaemic symptoms from either low iron, B12 or folate, so I watch ferritin levels and take B12 and folate in various forms to help and they all WORK. I'm going to focus more on my folinic acid tablets as they give me more energy.

Essential Nutrient

Posted by Reviewer1000115 on Oct 21, 2012

This seemed to really give me a burst of energy and a sense of well being initially. By the third day I did develope some side effects of swelling in my ankles and dizziness. After some research, I learned that other people reported it increases a need for potassium. I'm also not sure if this had anything to do with an increase in my appetite because I was also trying some new digestive enzymes during the same time period. I quit taking this due to a fear in it contributing to me gaining a few pounds, however I do not know for sure if it really did or not. I would like to try it again since it improved my mood greatly, but I do have a hard time taking the weight off once I put it on. So for me this is one of those supplements that seems *great*, but should be taken with a bit of caution and some research.

Very important supplement.

Posted by Reviewer1385103 on Aug 04, 2011

We all need this. Too bad it is so expensive and they have a patent on it so there is no competition.

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »