Solgar, Folate As Metafolin, 800 mcg, 100 Tablets

Superior form of methlyfolate

Posted by 5699993330116946412 on Dec 02, 2012

I found this superior to Thorne's 5-MTHF. I tried Thorne's since it's in capsules which I usually prefer but surprising didn't feel the positive effects that had been experiencing with Solgar. I switched back to Solgar and immediately felt better once again. The chemical composition is different and for me at least, made a difference. The Solgar brand really helps my gut inflammation and clears up headaches but for me needs to be taken and kept in balance with methyl b 12 and the other b vitamins. I will crash and experience muscle weakness if taking metafolin alone but it's a tremendous help if I balance it correctly with sublingual methyl b12 and the other b vitamins.

Potent product on acceptable price.

Posted by ZlatinVal From Bulgaria on Aug 19, 2012

L-methylfolate - the active form of folate in the blood and the only type that can cross the blood-brain barrier. Unlike regular folic acid, Metafolin does not require enzymatic conversion to L-methylfolate in the body. By providing L-methylfolate directly, this patented form of folic acid may have benefits for those who do not produce enough L-methylfolate in response to folic acid supplementation. For those who take proper doses of vitamins B12 and B6, and TMG (trimethylglycine), but still suffer from higher-than-optimal homocysteine, Metafolin may be the solution. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - The only one problem with this item is that Solgar company uses so many ingredients(magnesium stearate, mannitol, stearic acid) which hinder the absorption of active ingredient.

The Best of the Best

Posted by Freddds-Active-B12-Folate From Utah on Feb 23, 2011

The Solgar Metafolin tablets are so superior in my experience to any amount of folic acid or folinic acid that it was obvious the very first day. Lifelong angular cheilitis at the corner of my lips which is a mass of scar tissue now started healing immediately, the skin around my nails and finger and toe tips stopped peeling and was healthy pink skin and I started dreaming normally again for the first time in decades. Despite both methtylb12 and adenosylb12 and lot of other things helping, this kicked my tissue healing into high gear.

Totally satisfied.

Posted by Reviewer2294948 From New Jersey on Jan 03, 2009

I was told by a neurologist that I had worked for about this product along with Methyl B and take them together. I found a significant difference and improvement in my overall being, ESPECIALLY poor sleep and bouts of depression and anxiety that I no longer have.

doctor recommended

Posted by francesjoan From Oregon on Nov 14, 2008

Thank you for the metafolin. This bioactive folic acid is needed because many people can't convert it to the body ready form. I have low ferritin and my doctor recommended metafolin and ferrous succinate. I'll retest ferritin levels in a few months and let you know if it works. Metafolin is hard to find on other websites. The only one I found cost almost twice as much. Again many thanks for your great prices.