The Best of the Best

Posted by Freddds-Active-B12-Folate on Feb 23, 2011

The Solgar Metafolin tablets are so superior in my experience to any amount of folic acid or folinic acid that it was obvious the very first day. Lifelong angular cheilitis at the corner of my lips which is a mass of scar tissue now started healing immediately, the skin around my nails and finger and toe tips stopped peeling and was healthy pink skin and I started dreaming normally again for the first time in decades. Despite both methtylb12 and adenosylb12 and lot of other things helping, this kicked my tissue healing into high gear.

Best Folic Acid Available

Posted by Reviewer3234597 on Nov 25, 2008

If you have a MTHFR mutation than you need metafolin. I'm glad I can get it at iHerb because I love them.

doctor recommended

Posted by francesjoan on Nov 14, 2008

Thank you for the metafolin. This bioactive folic acid is needed because many people can't convert it to the body ready form. I have low ferritin and my doctor recommended metafolin and ferrous succinate. I'll retest ferritin levels in a few months and let you know if it works. Metafolin is hard to find on other websites. The only one I found cost almost twice as much. Again many thanks for your great prices.

probably the right dose

Posted by Reviewer1612414 on Apr 06, 2010

Folate has been recommended to help in depression and may have a calming effect. There is a prescription form of Metafolin called Deplin which comes in 8 milligrams (or 8000 micrograms), but there is a disclaimer that Metafolin may aid in the growth of tumors/cancer, especially in the GI tract (which makes sense because Metafolin is used in DNA synthesis and rapidly dividing cells need to make DNA). Note it won't cause cancer, but it may aid in the growth/spread of a tumor if it is there. Also if you are going through or recently went through cancer treatment, don't take folate supplements. Anyways, if you want to see if Metafolin may help your symptoms, this could be a good starting dose with less risk. You can even start with a half a tablet or the 400 mcg dose.

Works well in my case

Posted by Reviewer1185177 on Feb 05, 2010

Tipped off to this product by a mental health practitioner. It works for me - better than St. John's Wort.

The stuff you are looking for

Posted by Reviewer2236736 on Jul 06, 2010

Two forms folic acid (vitamin B9) are used in supplements: the synthetic folic acid and folate (the naturally occurring form). What you are looking for is folate. The synthetically produced folic acid has to be reduced in four metabolic steps for the body to use it. Furthermore, one cannot be one hundred percent sure that all the folic acid will be converted, which may mean that some unmetabolised folic acid remains in the body. The long-term effects of any such unmetabolised folate acid are unknown. Folate (as metafolin),the naturally occurring form, can be used directly by the body. An adequate intake of folates is essential for the prevention of many disorders including anaemia, neural tube defects, various forms of cardiovascular diseases, Alzheimer's disease, colon cancer and depression.

great product

Posted by Reviewer2513310 on Jan 05, 2010

first time purchased, does seem to help with overall well-being and memory function

Take with Mb12

Posted by Reviewer1479595 on Apr 07, 2011

I take this with Mb12 sublingually throughout the day. It helps the absorption. I definitely notice an energy increase on this combination. I have moderate ME/CFIDS. Also, make sure you have potassium supplements on hand when you take this, to avoid getting leg cramps from low potassium. I was salt loading for orthostatic intolerance before taking this, now I am potassium loading and using only a normal amount of salt. This is a huge difference for me.

Excellent

Posted by Reviewer2758410 on May 31, 2011

I believe that since combining 6 tablets a day (2morning, 2lunch and 2dinner) along with 1 Natural Factors B12 5000mg dissolved under the tongue. Greatly has improved my all round health and proof is in the energy levels and gains I have experienced. Obviously see your doctor for your dosage as everyones levels a re different and will require different dosages.

Reversed abnormal cells of the cervix

Posted by flocksielady on Jul 12, 2012

My daughter was diagnosed with abnormal cervical cells after a biopsy 2 years ago. I read about folic acid deficiency and abnormal cervical cells and started her on 800 mcg of folic acid daily. After repeat biopsies her results are back to normal and she is back to yearly OBGYN appointments. Needless to say, she will be taking this for the rest of her life as I will. I had the same problem when I was younger. Product is highly recommended!