Excellent Quality; Similar to or Better than New Chapter's Wholemega at Lower Price

Posted by wholefoods on Dec 17, 2012

I purchased this brand of salmon oil due to some concerns with New Chapter's Wholemega brand. In comparing the two products side by side, it is my opinion that these products are of the same quality or higher quality than the Wholemega products. Both brands have a dark orange tinted capsules, much richer looking than many other fish oil capsules. Both brands are derived from salmon oil (in the case of Solgar sockeye salmon oil) as opposed to smaller fish or krill. Both brands have a wide array of Omega oils (3, 5, 6, 7, 9) as well as Astaxanthin and Vitamin D3 (in fact, Solgar is higher in many of these categories). On top of all this, this product is offered at a lower price per capsule than the Wholemega brand ($ .19 per capsule for Solgar vs. $ .27 per capsule for Wholemega). In comparing all of these factors, it seems to me this product is a better value. Also, no fish burps or problems for me with digestion. I will purchase this product often and use this brand as my primary fish oil from now on. Excellent product!

EPA & DHA mean nothing

Posted by Reviewer2236736 on Jul 08, 2011

………it is about how well they are absorbed. Studies are out that show that the presence of other fats in the fish activates processes required to absorb EPA and DHA (omega 3) properly. This explains why EPA and DHA are better absorbed from eating whole fish than from taking fish oil (with only EPA & DHA). Solgar wild Alaskan salmon oil delivers the full spectrum of omega’s found in salmon and not only omega 3. Another great product from Solgar. I’m using 7 supplements. All but one (Stevia) are from Solgar. In my experience Solgar is the best. Reliable company. Also kudos to Iherb. Fast delivery and well packaged. As usual. Thanx.

My favorite Omega - and there are a lot!

Posted by Reviewer1685556 on May 24, 2011

This one is balanced with a significant amount of Omega-7, which is GREAT for skin quality (and very expensive to buy separately). Overall, a good value and a great product.

Great

Posted by Reviewer1427888 on Aug 24, 2010

Thank you BEST SALMON OIL EVER AND THANK YOU IHERB.COM

Solgar, Wild Alaskan Full Spectrum Omega, 120 Softgels

Posted by Reviewer2223599 on Sep 22, 2010

very very good. i prefer real solmon omegas so it was good choice

great alternative for the more expensive New Chapter Wholemega.

Posted by Reviewer2106073 on Apr 20, 2011

As I never consume sugar or other refined carbonhydrates I really don't need fish oil because I discovered that these liquids are responsible for irregular heart beats and palpitations. They just thin my blood too much. Actually it felt like I was having a heart attack and a stroke! It made me wake up at night with strange feelings. If you eat a healthy diet you probably don't need fish oil. It's just for people who consume sugar an processed foods with disbalanced ratio's of omega 3 & 6.

One of the best in the market

Posted by Reviewer1934876 on Dec 03, 2010

Undoubtedly one of the best fish oil product in the market. Professionally produced, favourably priced and it contains the whole chain of omega fatty acids.

highly recommend

Posted by Reviewer3007376 on Jan 26, 2011

excellent, clean, wonderful product. no after-taste. worth the price!

No unpleasant fishy burps

Posted by Reviewer1380511 on Mar 18, 2011

I always get very bad burps from fish oil, but with this brand it hasn't been a problem. I can also take fewer pills to reach my 3000mg goal. Instead of taking 6 fish oil pills a day now I only have to take 3. I'm very happy with the product.

Great Buy!

Posted by Reviewer1199034 on Jun 02, 2011

This is a quality product and a great price. I will continue to buy!

« Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next »