Solgar, Natural Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol), 1000 IU, 250 Softgels

Reviews 1-star

This is rubbish - not all 'natural'. Bad Solgar. That aside - what vit A top reviewer ???

Posted by Health-Is-Wealth on Dec 05, 2013

Very misleading label - this contains vit D derived from lanolin, not just fish liver oil. The equivalent product label on their UK web site clearly states 'from fish liver oil AND cholecalciferol' (or refer the 'natural' 400iu on their dot com web site - 'Vitamin D3 (as cholecalciferol AND fish liver oil)'). This label also notes 'fish oil' under 'other ingredients' - fishy label is fishy! I never buy vit D derived from lanolin and will never buy this again, nor recommend it. It's a shame Solgar haven't noted the source of the vit D on the label in a user friendly way, so people who don't tolerate irradiated sheep wool fat can easily tell (rather than play detective after reacting poorly to a product). This isn't the first Solgar product that's let me down. I used to buy Solgar preferentially, but not anymore - I'd rather support brands that make it easy to buy their stuff. HOWEVER - I'm not sure which label the top reviewer was looking at. Nowhere on this product does it state it contains vit A. Given the suggested dose is one to TWO soft gels per day, by the reviewers estimations that'd mean ingesting 6000iu of vit A - well over the RDI, meaning this bottle would be required to carry the standard warning. While I admonish Solgar for not clearly noting the source of the vit D, I believe they're reputable enough that they wouldn't intentionally poison people. Contact them if in doubt - I did, and they clearly confirmed all ingredients. If this review was helpful to you, please click YES below - thank you. For reviews of all the products I have purchased from iHerb, please click my username above.

I am satisfied

Posted by Reviewer1989117 on Aug 28, 2011

I am very satisfied from this product.