HCL and acid reflux

Posted by Reviewer1335199 on Mar 02, 2012

Prior to taking four Source Naturals betaine HCL tablets daily I suffered frequently from acid reflux, which finally resulted in a case of GERD. Having increased my stomach acid with the betaine HCL I now do not suffer from that problem any more.

Carol

Posted by Reviewer3029383 on Jul 14, 2010

I was taking Apple Cidar Vinegar to help with my digestion but am now on the Blood Type Diet and vinegar is not good for me. I don't seem to need as much Betaine HCI as I did vinegar to do the job.

Great Help

Posted by Reviewer1913829 on Dec 27, 2008

This has been a great help. Greatly reduced that bloating feeling after meals... even if have been using only half a tablet at this point.

If you're lactose intolerant, beware!

Posted by Reviewer1184969 on Jun 19, 2011

Incredible to me that the company would put a dairy ingredient in a digestive aid, given that a large percentage of older males are lactose intolerant. (And that ingredient is, according to Source Naturals, essentially lactose.)

Great service

Posted by Reviewer2953341 on May 22, 2011

The item shipped very fast, but unfortunately restrictions in my country didn't allow it so it had to be returned.

Best Found

Posted by Reviewer2353985 on Apr 29, 2011

No side effects from this. Does the job well and intend to keep using it.

Better For You Than "TUMS"~

Posted by JJ2007 on Aug 10, 2011

I have been using Betaine HCL w/Pepsin for many decades now. This particular formula contains a very good ratio of the HCL w/Pepsin. I highly recommend using this supplement instead of the standard OTC meds that most folks turn to for heartburn/sour stomach relief. Using this product will prevent those conditions from ever occurring in the first place. Try it and see!

Helps but capsules are better

Posted by psoriasis on Apr 12, 2014

The price is great, but capsules are better for this purpose. It is very probable that the tablet won't be fully dissolved in the stomach and Betaine HCL tablet in the small intestine or even in the large intestine is not very welcomed. However if you would take the tablets after the meal you could prolong the time when tablet will stay in the stomach (so it can fully dissolve).

It contains milk

Posted by 4652923811012956701 on Apr 07, 2014

Too bad I didn't notice it contains dairy til I got it...

Smells a bit cheesey

Posted by Reviewer2188624 on Oct 06, 2010

I have had these before and don't remember them being cheesy. They do the job but the smell is bad. I won't get this brand again.