HCL and acid reflux

Posted by Reviewer1335199 on Mar 02, 2012

Prior to taking four Source Naturals betaine HCL tablets daily I suffered frequently from acid reflux, which finally resulted in a case of GERD. Having increased my stomach acid with the betaine HCL I now do not suffer from that problem any more.

Carol

Posted by Reviewer3029383 on Jul 14, 2010

I was taking Apple Cidar Vinegar to help with my digestion but am now on the Blood Type Diet and vinegar is not good for me. I don't seem to need as much Betaine HCI as I did vinegar to do the job.

Great Help

Posted by Reviewer1913829 on Dec 27, 2008

This has been a great help. Greatly reduced that bloating feeling after meals... even if have been using only half a tablet at this point.

Smells a bit cheesey

Posted by Reviewer2188624 on Oct 06, 2010

I have had these before and don't remember them being cheesy. They do the job but the smell is bad. I won't get this brand again.

If you're lactose intolerant, beware!

Posted by Reviewer1184969 on Jun 19, 2011

Incredible to me that the company would put a dairy ingredient in a digestive aid, given that a large percentage of older males are lactose intolerant. (And that ingredient is, according to Source Naturals, essentially lactose.)

Great service

Posted by Reviewer2953341 on May 22, 2011

The item shipped very fast, but unfortunately restrictions in my country didn't allow it so it had to be returned.

Best Found

Posted by Reviewer2353985 on Apr 29, 2011

No side effects from this. Does the job well and intend to keep using it.

Better For You Than "TUMS"~

Posted by JJ2007 on Aug 10, 2011

I have been using Betaine HCL w/Pepsin for many decades now. This particular formula contains a very good ratio of the HCL w/Pepsin. I highly recommend using this supplement instead of the standard OTC meds that most folks turn to for heartburn/sour stomach relief. Using this product will prevent those conditions from ever occurring in the first place. Try it and see!

small tablets

Posted by Reviewer2106073 on May 22, 2012

I'm used to make my own capsules with a capsule machine. These tabs are much smaller then my previous capsules and are very easy to swallow. The amount of hydrochloride is just perfect! Not too less and not too much. As we age our stomach produces less acid and this is my garanty that my acid levels are maintained at the age of 35. Sure like the added pepsine. Source Naturals often offers surprisingly good formula's!

Great for treating heratburn and/or indigestion

Posted by 4841706703725997263 on Aug 02, 2016

Most people don't realise how harmful ant-acid tablets are and that they only compound the problem in the majority of cases. When you experience heartburn and indigestion you most likely have NOT ENOUGH acid in your stomach - and not too much as the advertisers would have you believe. These Betaine Hydrochloride tablets re-balance the acid levels in your stomach by adding acid naturally derived from beetroot and aid in the proper and full digestion of your food thus ensuring you get maximum nutritional benefit. Although not a frequent sufferer of indigestion etc. I have used these tablets on and off for years and they have always worked for me. Please give them a try before you reach for harmful ant-acids.