Contains milk :(

Posted by Reviewer3237759 on Jan 11, 2015

I usually order the Thorne brand Betaine HCL but after christmas the budget is a bit tight so i thought i would order these. I didn't notice that they contain milk till i got them. Why oh why do you put milk in these Source Naturals???? Please take the milk out. Oh and i don't even see milk on the ingredients list so i am pretty confused where the milk comes from.

Excellent digestive aid

Posted by Reviewer2949310 on Jan 26, 2007

This is an outstanding company with good products that come highly recommended by Dr. Marcus Laux, whose health newsletter I subscribe to. I've used many different digestive aids, and this one works very well. The older you get, the less hydrochloric acid you produce, and it is especially necessary for digesting protein. I've never experienced any burning sensations on using it, but, of course, you should never take it on an empty stomach. And be sure you take food right after you swallow the pill, because you wouldn't want it stuck in your throat.

Betaine from Sourch Naturals (HCL)

Posted by Reviewer1883988 on Apr 28, 2009

I take this product on the advice of my chiropractor/nutritionist. I am at that age(59) when the digestive system needs help with normal digestion. She helped me understand that this is quite common as we grow older, so I take it daily with meals. HCL is the natural acid produced by the stomach to make digestion possible. I do seem to feel better, but I have changed my diet and am taking several supplements to help maintain optimum health.

Betain HCL 650

Posted by Reviewer3113325 on Oct 03, 2008

It didn't do anything for me. I still had to use good old baking soda in a glass of water for relief on ""indo-ges-jion". My husband on the other hand said it gave him some relief. Go figgur.

Didn't try them.

Posted by Reviewer2795397 on Nov 02, 2010

Never got to try these so I'm not sure what rating they deserve. Now Foods, Super Enzymes did the trick for me.

small tablets

Posted by Reviewer2106073 on May 22, 2012

I'm used to make my own capsules with a capsule machine. These tabs are much smaller then my previous capsules and are very easy to swallow. The amount of hydrochloride is just perfect! Not too less and not too much. As we age our stomach produces less acid and this is my garanty that my acid levels are maintained at the age of 35. Sure like the added pepsine. Source Naturals often offers surprisingly good formula's!

great quality

Posted by karljacobs on Dec 04, 2010

it makes a positive difference aiding protein digestion. quite potent and may need to be dosage adjusted for some. also good for kick starting and boosting the body's own HCL production.

Great

Posted by Reviewer1205845 on Jan 01, 2011

Very good.

Great!

Posted by Reviewer2577864 on Jan 04, 2011

I was very impressed with the fast service and great quality of the product. I will happily recommend iHerb to my friends.

works great

Posted by Reviewer2131132 on Nov 22, 2007

I have problems with low stomach acid and this product really helped.