Helps but capsules are better

Posted by psoriasis on Apr 12, 2014

The price is great, but capsules are better for this purpose. It is very probable that the tablet won't be fully dissolved in the stomach and Betaine HCL tablet in the small intestine or even in the large intestine is not very welcomed. However if you would take the tablets after the meal you could prolong the time when tablet will stay in the stomach (so it can fully dissolve).

cannot digest meat/protein or absorb vitamins without it

Posted by andreaholden on Oct 14, 2016

After a major b12 deficiency that was only corrected with taking the daily then weekly shots, my B21 started to decrease steadily afterward. I've also had a lot of trouble with constipation. I read about digestion issues caused by low stomach acid and tried this supplement. I take 2-3 pills after I eat meat and take 2 pills before bed when I take Selenium, B6, fish oil, Magnesium, B12, and D. My nails started growing at a fast rate and are very strong (this is highly unusual), my energy level has increased slightly (high levels of fatigue are normal for me), it has helped my facial/back acne too because I'm not constipated etc. (yes! yes!), and my B12 has stabilized (yes!). This supplement has been a real life saver for me. I experimented with how many I should take depending on what I eat and I can get 3-4 pills in until my belly feels warm, I just prefer the 2 pills. Don't take too many or your belly will ache/cramp and you might get a headache - start slow. Also, do not take without food on an empty stomach, it will hurt your belly with cramps. I also take Source Naturals Enzymes as well and usually only when I rarely meat, potato, beans or such items that usually give me bloating and constipation. There is milk in this product but it does not bother me that I've noticed. I cannot find it at a better price anywhere else for this size, quality and quantity. I hope it might help you too.

helps for Albumin protein spilage

Posted by Reviewer1324878 on Feb 06, 2009

By itself it doesn't seem to do as much, but with Cordyceps CS-4 and Bromelain there is a big difference. It may even take longer use of this to get the full effect.

It contains milk

Posted by 4652923811012956701 on Apr 07, 2014

Too bad I didn't notice it contains dairy til I got it...

haven't noticed the desired benefit

Posted by Reviewer2731980 on Nov 03, 2007

This was supposed to help with digestion, but haven't noticed any benefit.

This needs to be in a capsule.

Posted by Reviewer3047417 on Mar 23, 2011

It seems to work but it smells bad.

Excellent digestive aid

Posted by Reviewer2949310 on Jan 26, 2007

This is an outstanding company with good products that come highly recommended by Dr. Marcus Laux, whose health newsletter I subscribe to. I've used many different digestive aids, and this one works very well. The older you get, the less hydrochloric acid you produce, and it is especially necessary for digesting protein. I've never experienced any burning sensations on using it, but, of course, you should never take it on an empty stomach. And be sure you take food right after you swallow the pill, because you wouldn't want it stuck in your throat.

Betaine from Sourch Naturals (HCL)

Posted by Reviewer1883988 on Apr 28, 2009

I take this product on the advice of my chiropractor/nutritionist. I am at that age(59) when the digestive system needs help with normal digestion. She helped me understand that this is quite common as we grow older, so I take it daily with meals. HCL is the natural acid produced by the stomach to make digestion possible. I do seem to feel better, but I have changed my diet and am taking several supplements to help maintain optimum health.

Betain HCL 650

Posted by Reviewer3113325 on Oct 03, 2008

It didn't do anything for me. I still had to use good old baking soda in a glass of water for relief on ""indo-ges-jion". My husband on the other hand said it gave him some relief. Go figgur.

Didn't try them.

Posted by Reviewer2795397 on Nov 02, 2010

Never got to try these so I'm not sure what rating they deserve. Now Foods, Super Enzymes did the trick for me.