Source Naturals, Huperzine A, 200 mcg, 120 Tablets

Annie

Posted by Reviewer2419633 From Louisiana on Jan 19, 2008

My mom has Alzheimer’s disease; she is in the late stages. She would not eat, drink or talk; she sat in a blank stair. She has been taking Source Naturals, Huperzine A, for over a year. She started back eating (must be fed), drinking and talking again. I done expect her to be healed but I thank God that the disease process was slowed down and I can continue to enjoy the company of my mother. I can only wonder what the effect would have been if I had known about it when my mom first started to have symptoms.

No better choline source

Posted by Reviewer2760149 From Ohio on May 26, 2011

I find I react better to inhibitors than precursors. Huperzine inhibits the chemical that breaks down choline, so that you have more choline to use. This is similar to the way SSRIs inhibit the chemical that breaks down serotonin. DO NOT USE huperzine with a choline precursor, such as CDP-choline (citicoline), choline citrate, DMAE, etc. This will result in an overload of choline in the brain, which will have unknown effects but at the very least will give you brain fog and have many of the opposite of the intended effects. For me it takes 3 days or so for this to really kick in. For most it takes only a few hours. If you aren't getting good results from this after a week, it isn't for you. Try CDP-Choline, or perhaps a difference avenue of cognitive enhancement other than choline increase.

very effective and affordable

Posted by Reviewer2533075 From California on May 21, 2008

My girlfriend and I both use this. Half a tablet in the morning does the trick. Works even better combined with 250 mgs citicoline. Actually, those times when I need to be super sharp mentally, I take this: 5 mgs pregnenolone 10 mgs vinpocetine 100 mcgs Huperzine A 250 mgs citicoline

Source Naturals, Huperzine A 200 mcg

Posted by Reviewer1212307 From Ohio on Jan 19, 2008

Huperzine A has completely restored my short-term memory. Before I discovered this herb I was having significant troubles with this.

Wow! Good product!

Posted by Reviewer2319370 From North Dakota on Apr 28, 2008

I've been using huperzine a for quite a while, at a dose of about 400-600 mgs a day, with some breaks when I don't feel like taking it. I find it improves the speed of retrieval of names and the like. I like this product because it is more potent than most other products, and it is very very good.