Annie

Posted by Reviewer2419633 on Jan 19, 2008

My mom has Alzheimer’s disease; she is in the late stages. She would not eat, drink or talk; she sat in a blank stair. She has been taking Source Naturals, Huperzine A, for over a year. She started back eating (must be fed), drinking and talking again. I done expect her to be healed but I thank God that the disease process was slowed down and I can continue to enjoy the company of my mother. I can only wonder what the effect would have been if I had known about it when my mom first started to have symptoms.

No better choline source

Posted by Reviewer2760149 on May 26, 2011

I find I react better to inhibitors than precursors. Huperzine inhibits the chemical that breaks down choline, so that you have more choline to use. This is similar to the way SSRIs inhibit the chemical that breaks down serotonin. DO NOT USE huperzine with a choline precursor, such as CDP-choline (citicoline), choline citrate, DMAE, etc. This will result in an overload of choline in the brain, which will have unknown effects but at the very least will give you brain fog and have many of the opposite of the intended effects. For me it takes 3 days or so for this to really kick in. For most it takes only a few hours. If you aren't getting good results from this after a week, it isn't for you. Try CDP-Choline, or perhaps a difference avenue of cognitive enhancement other than choline increase.

very effective and affordable

Posted by Reviewer2533075 on May 21, 2008

My girlfriend and I both use this. Half a tablet in the morning does the trick. Works even better combined with 250 mgs citicoline. Actually, those times when I need to be super sharp mentally, I take this: 5 mgs pregnenolone 10 mgs vinpocetine 100 mcgs Huperzine A 250 mgs citicoline

Source Naturals, Huperzine A 200 mcg

Posted by Reviewer1212307 on Jan 19, 2008

Huperzine A has completely restored my short-term memory. Before I discovered this herb I was having significant troubles with this.

Wow! Good product!

Posted by Reviewer2319370 on Apr 28, 2008

I've been using huperzine a for quite a while, at a dose of about 400-600 mgs a day, with some breaks when I don't feel like taking it. I find it improves the speed of retrieval of names and the like. I like this product because it is more potent than most other products, and it is very very good.

REMEDY OF MINE FOR ADHD, FATIGUE, ITS REAL DEAL.

Posted by Reviewer1965742 on Jan 04, 2010

Im 34. Been reading nutrition for 20 yrs. Skipped through almost every fish, hemp, flax oil, enzyme, vitamin, exercise stint, breathing formula, liquid trace element formula, smart drug, and I have to tell you without a doubt, this alone 2 tablets a day break my fog, put a smile on my face, and make me who I want to be. I do have to add though a flax, hemp rotation of tblspns a day, 1 gram of tryptophan a day, and a good breathing formula will help you breath if you have tight lungs, but huperzine a this specific formula ( I've even tried "smart nutrition" Get Smart formula at $60 a crack which also has Huperzine) I can tell anytime i take it, or not. Its like life.

Source Naturals, Huperzine A, 200 mcg, 120 Tablets

Posted by Reviewer2586393 on Jan 28, 2009

These are working quite well for me. They seem to be holding my Alzheimer steady insted of advancing. But I have to be very diligent about takeing them on time.

Helps me remember names

Posted by Reviewer2059634 on Apr 23, 2008

I have family history of Alzheimers and am starting to forget names more and more often. When I take the Huperzine A, I notice that I have much better recall. The pills are astoundingly cheap for how much they help.

*AMAZING* for improving memory/recall

Posted by Reviewer3088906 on Feb 02, 2008

In my experience and what I would expect by its mechanism of action (inhibition of acetylcholinesterase), it seems to selectively improve memory without improving mental functioning all that much. The effects are mostly demonstrative; you don't typically feel "high" or feel like your ability to remember things is much better while studying, but you notice later on that your recall is simply better than it normally is. I've found this to be very reliable. It has been used as an experimental treatment for Alzheimer's -- it has the same mechanism of action as the commonly-used drugs tacrine and galantamine. Side effect profile is minimal but dose-related -- expect neck and upper back tension and possibly even a little sedation at higher doses.

Amazing

Posted by Reviewer3279313 on Mar 11, 2008

I really seem to be more attentive and focused and it's only been a few weeks. Currently only use 1 tablet a day, but might up this to 2 in the near future. BTW - from what I've read, Huperzine A is now in clinical trials for improving brain function