Anxiety-B-Gone

Posted by Reviewer3017557 on Dec 27, 2010

That's what they should call this... because I have some social phobias and anxiety, but I just take one of these a day and it takes the edge off... Don't get me wrong, I still hate going out, but at least now I can actually do it without making up excuses as to why I "can't" go when really I just couldn't go.

A good supplement, but ...

Posted by Reviewer1697545 on Dec 13, 2008

L-Theanine takes the edge off anxiety, and seems to work. My only (minor) gripe is that you have to let the pills dissolve in your mouth -- not unpleasant but takes some time.

so far so good

Posted by Reviewer2031137 on Sep 23, 2008

i've been using source naturals l-theanine for almost a month now and i must say i love it. it improves my mood and cognition, plus it helps with migraines and everyday aches and pains. really great product. i think it's worth a try. it's cheaper than an SSRI, plus it's all natural, and it doesn't hurt to try!

L-Theanine

Posted by Reviewer1677730 on Nov 16, 2009

Used for sleep enhancement, I found this comparable to Melatonin - better sleep with interesting dreams.

Not so great

Posted by Reviewer1680194 on Apr 24, 2008

I was really excited to gives this a try as an anxiety aid, based on the raving reviews here, but I was sorely disappointed. I never planned on taking it regularly, only during periods of expected stress and anxiety, but I found that this supplement seemed to have no effect. I have taken it during the morning and afternoon, and saw no difference in my state of mind.

I Love This

Posted by Reviewer1342706 on Jun 18, 2010

My primary care provider suggests this for sleep as well as during the day. I was in a car accident a few weeks ago and she has me using it regularly. This and some other things work on the same receptors as Xanax, etc., according to her. And it is safe, being the primary relaxant in green tea.

Good sleep aid

Posted by Reviewer2090761 on Jul 26, 2010

This definitely helps me go back to sleep easily if and when I wake up at 2am.

Awesome

Posted by Reviewer2882983 on Apr 12, 2012

It's hard to judge whether it had helped my anxiety problem, but there's one simply amazing thing that happened after I started taking L-Theanine - I no longer have problems falling asleep. Gone are the hours of reading, drinking milk, counting sheep etc. Definitely buying more of this stuff. Edit a year later: well, it works. I haven't been this calm in years, I find myself smiling more and generally feeling more cheery. And it's not making me sleepy or sluggish, not at all. My ever anxious mind seems to have found some kind of peace at last.

good price on l-theanine

Posted by Reviewer2079827 on May 17, 2011

I have been taking l-theanine as a preventative for depression for some months, and the source naturals brand is a better price and seems to work as well as any of the others I have tried.

Very good product

Posted by Reviewer3235670 on Feb 29, 2012

I suffer with various symptoms of fibromyalgia. Stress really exacerbates my pain, and L-Theanine helps my body relax enough to allow me to have more days with less pain.