• Due to Japanese Custom’s regulations, a maximum of three bottles per order can be imported into Japan.

• Reviews | English

great product

Posted by Reviewer2137824 on Feb 03, 2009

really helps me wind down and fall asleep, especially when my mind is racing.

Helps restore serotonin

Posted by Reviewer1020169 on Mar 15, 2011

We find that taking even one of these on an empty stomach in late afternoon PLUS having a bedtime snack of complex carbs with NO PROTEIN not only improves our sleep, but also helps with a brighter outlook the next day. We read in a book by K. DesMaison that eating tryptophan rich foods (especially animal protein) during the day then having the complex carb bedtime snack raises levels of serotonin while we sleep. It's something about the glucose helping the tryptophan cross the blood brain barrier, and tryptophan is necessary for serotonin and melatonin production. We just can't seem to eat enough meat most of the time so we take the tryptophan. I don't really understand all that biochemistry, but it works. It took a week or so of being consistent before we started seeing consistent results. It's well worth the price and far better than taking sleeping pills or Prozac! Hallelujah!

This works well for me

Posted by ellelisw on May 23, 2009

I've been a restless sleeper for a long time and have tried many products to help. Tryptophan has brought the best results... I can fall asleep and sleep well without feeling "hungover" in the morning. The side effect is I'm more refreshed, calmer and happier throughout the day. I couple this with L-Theanine and/or relora when I'm especially stressed. I don't use it every night but I do find that, if I don't take it on a regular basis, my restlessness and sleeplessness return and I'm more stressed during the day. I've tried other labels for tryptophan, but of the brands iHerb carries, Source Naturals has been the most consistently potent and effective for me. Plus, the price cannot be beat.

, L-Tryptophan

Posted by Reviewer3322722 on Sep 07, 2008

Seems to be good quality product. Great for sleep and calming effect.

Sleep well.

Posted by Reviewer1729990 on Sep 23, 2010

Very effective for me for anxiety and sleeping (with 5 HTP).

Very disappointed

Posted by Reviewer2936797 on Nov 19, 2008

Have used The Vitamin Shoppe's L-Tryptophan caps and had great sleep. Was buying a bunch of stuff on iherb so thought I'd try the Source Naturals caps because it was cheap - big mistake. Last night had a horrible groggy insomnia and depressed feeling. Will not touch this product again.

Great!

Posted by Reviewer2165701 on Aug 23, 2008

I'm so thankful for this product. I sleep much better with this product and no side effects. I love it!

L-Tryptophan

Posted by Reviewer2423568 on Oct 16, 2007

This works! Helps me to go to sleep at night!

Good brand of L-Tryptophan

Posted by Reviewer3265803 on Nov 03, 2007

This product helps me fall back to sleep and continue dreaming the many times I awaken at night from my medical condition.

Tryptophan

Posted by Reviewer2074100 on Nov 09, 2007

Feel much better with the winter blues with this product