Source Naturals, L-Tyrosine, Free-Form Powder, 3.53 oz (100 g)

Great product and value

Posted by Reviewer2485905 on Mar 08, 2007

I use this because it seems to help stabilize my moods. I Used to take Wellbutrin for depression, and it worked well, but when I lost my insurance I had to find a lower cost alternative that would boost some of the same neurotransmitters as Wellbutrin did. This amino acid was recommended to me. It doesn't replace the effects of the Wellbutrin for me, but it does a good job. I use 1/4 teaspoon with breakfast, and sometimes with lunch as well. I like the freeform powder because it allows custom dosages, and is cheaper and absorbs very fast. This amino acid may keep you up at night, so don't take it before bed. Good luck.

powder economy

Posted by Reviewer2138124 on Dec 18, 2007

The cost of powder (non encapsulated) amino acids is decidedly less than the other forms. L-Tyrosine is tasteless, and, therefore, I find it very palatable and easy to take. A good deal for a high quality product.

Tyrosine works

Posted by Reviewer2225972 on Oct 11, 2007

This product has taken away MOST of my exhaustion! I finally found something that really helps! There is no negative effect. (You need to take vitamin C with it to work properly.)

Boosts my thyroid function

Posted by Reviewer2503069 on Dec 13, 2007

I take a spoonful of this every morning along with a capsule of kelp, to insure my body has all the building blocks to make thyroid hormone. It works. When I skip it for a couple of days, on the third day I notice my eyes will feel drawn and my energy lower.

Tyrosine in Bulk

Posted by Reviewer3280081 on Jan 19, 2008

This amino acid I notice improved alertness, arousal, and mood, and slight loss in appetite