Works Great to Reduce BPH Symptoms!

Posted by Reviewer2155939 on Apr 04, 2010

After reading many articles on how effective beta sitosterol is in reducing symptoms of an enlarged prostate in older men, I ordered Source Naturals Mega Strength Beta Sitosterol & take one pill per day. It greatly reduces BPH symptoms: urination frequency & urgency, & helps shrink an enlarged prostate. I now sleep through the night, where before taking beta sitosterol, I had to get up as often as 2-3 times during the night to urinate.

Prostrate help

Posted by Reviewer3227442 on Sep 12, 2012

This product has done wonders for my dad. He visits the bathroom much less and also sleeps better at night, with better urine flow and the ability to empty his bladder, without pain. Has also helped lower his cholesterol.

The Good Stuff

Posted by Reviewer1333449 on Oct 01, 2009

I am a 57 YO male who usually gets up once or twice a night to go to the bathroom. With 4 of these capsules a day the trips dwindle to none or just once. Great stuff - I would not have believed it if it wasn't true.

Really helps reduce cholesterol!

Posted by Reviewer1620488 on Nov 28, 2009

I am genetically predisposed to rather high cholesterol, but this has really helped bring my levels into the appropriate range. This plus red yeast rice and panthenol reduced my cholesterol by nearly 100 points, no kidding!!! Now that my levels are just about normal, I have been able to maintain by mostly just using this when I eat anything with cholesterol.

Source Naturals-Mega Strength Beta Sitosterol- 5 Stars

Posted by Reviewer1115907 on Jan 19, 2010

Great product, Great price. I noticed considerable improvement in night time visits to the washroom and less frequent toilet visits in the day. Flow is very good. This product is well worth a try. I used it in combination with saw palmetto which seemed to help.

Susan

Posted by Reviewer2010448 on Jul 16, 2008

After a genetic study, my doctor found I was missing a gene. This product replaces the enzymes I am missing. I will be on this product for the rest of my life.

allyopps!

Posted by Reviewer3051837 on Jan 05, 2010

Noticed that my urination flow has improved. Less trips @ night to the lavatory.

Inexpensive alternative to Super Beta Prostate for BPH, IMO.

Posted by Reviewer1455672 on Dec 04, 2008

The SBP folks want you to spend $65/mo on their product. Yet, the main ingredient is Beta Sitosterol, with additional minerals that should be available from a cheap multivitamin. This iHerb product along with a good multivitamin serves as a much cheaper alternative. Below I refer to a Lancet article on the effect of Beta Sitosterol on treating the side effects of BPH. Berges RR, Windeler J, Trampisch HJ, et al. Randomised, placebo-controlled, double-blind clinical trial of beta-sitosterol in patients with benign prostatic hyperplasia. Lancet 1995;345:1529§32 Disclaimer: These are my opinions only, and do not represent medical advice of any kind.

Did not lower Cholesterol

Posted by Reviewer3029307 on Nov 02, 2011

I took 3 tabs of this a day for 3 months, to see if it would lower my cholesterol. I then had a fasting blood test. My Cholesterol did not go down at all.

They work for me

Posted by Reviewer2360575 on Jun 21, 2007

I take these with Quercetin and DIM. I used to get up three or four times per night. Now it is not unusual for me to sleep right through, plus my psa reading has gone down from 6.8 to 4.8.