Source Naturals, Mega Strength Beta Sitosterol, 375 mg, 120 Tablets

All night long

Posted by Reviewer2042083 on Feb 25, 2011

I take one before bed and don't wake up to use the bathroom anymore. No side effects that I have noticed. This is said to keep a man's prostate normal. Very, very satisfied with this natural product.

Inexpensive alternative to Super Beta Prostate for BPH, IMO.

Posted by Reviewer1455672 on Dec 04, 2008

The SBP folks want you to spend $65/mo on their product. Yet, the main ingredient is Beta Sitosterol, with additional minerals that should be available from a cheap multivitamin. This iHerb product along with a good multivitamin serves as a much cheaper alternative. Below I refer to a Lancet article on the effect of Beta Sitosterol on treating the side effects of BPH. Berges RR, Windeler J, Trampisch HJ, et al. Randomised, placebo-controlled, double-blind clinical trial of beta-sitosterol in patients with benign prostatic hyperplasia. Lancet 1995;345:1529§32 Disclaimer: These are my opinions only, and do not represent medical advice of any kind.

Did not lower Cholesterol

Posted by Reviewer3029307 on Nov 02, 2011

I took 3 tabs of this a day for 3 months, to see if it would lower my cholesterol. I then had a fasting blood test. My Cholesterol did not go down at all.

so far it seems to work

Posted by Reviewer1116896 on Dec 22, 2011

my pains are less. only been using for 10 days or so. I get up at night half as much as before. im convinced in a few weeks I will be having a full nights sleep.

It really worked for me!

Posted by Reviewer2900628 on Aug 31, 2010

I'm 60 years old. I was taking 3 weeks antibiotics course to treat prostate inflammation. But simptomes came back after the course expired and my urologist prescribed me the same treatment but for 6 weeks now. This time it did not work at all. Two day after I started taking Beta Sitosterol I feel much better and about two weeks later almost all simptoms are gone. Unbelivable. I'm taking 2 375 mg tablets dayly.