Feeling better

Posted by Reviewer1223002 on Dec 21, 2010

I have been taking these, and Natural factors B12, Methylcobalamin, High Potency, 5000 mcg Chewable, for several months. I was recently diagnosed with a double mutation of the MTHFR gene. These two tablets, in dosages recommended by my doctor, have reduced my homocysteine level from 9.9 to 7.7 which is under the 8 at which damage occurs. I have increased the MegaFolinic on the recommendation of my doctor, and am already feeling a lot better.

MegaFolinic

Posted by Reviewer1301606 on May 24, 2011

This is supposed to increase metobolic rate and speed metabolism. Its early days but I am finding a big change in energy levels

Racemic

Posted by Reviewer2613852 on Dec 27, 2009

This is a blend of the d and l stereoisomers of folinic acid. Metafolin is more expensive, but the unnatural isomer has been removed.

800mcg is too much

Posted by Health-Is-Wealth on Oct 30, 2013

I didn't notice additional benefit with this product, much the same as any other B9 I've tried (including methylB9). I'm also wary of 800mcg - would prefer 400mcg or less to avoid depleting other things. Also dislike added stearate. If this review was helpful to you, please click YES below - thank you. For reviews of all the products I have purchased from iHerb, please click my username above.

Feeling better

Posted by Reviewer1022912 on Feb 14, 2010

Since taking these Mega Folinic as well as Methyl B-12 I am amazed at how much better and energetic I feel. I am much more active and feel so much better

MegaFolinic

Posted by Reviewer3241259 on Oct 08, 2008

I started taking this at the advice of my doctor. I take an anti-depressant and this helps it work more efficiently.

pleased so far

Posted by Reviewer1058619 on May 09, 2009

Well tolerated. I'm not 100% sure, but I seem to have more energy after starting on this supplement.

not for me

Posted by Reviewer2773755 on Sep 19, 2011

I ended up with anxiety, heart palpitations, and sweating within minutes of taking this. I think it is because it is a methyl type of folate and so doesn't agree with me.

Almost all other products are folic acid ...

Posted by Reviewer1465935 on Oct 26, 2009

The cheaper and less bio-available for of Folate, so I was very pleased to find MegaFolinic, after quite a bit of searching!

Megafolinic

Posted by Reviewer2775267 on Jun 15, 2010

The producy was suggested by my GP and it has improved my well bewing and almost instant weight loss .Your web pages are easy to follow and the range is fantastic, price is great and service is excellent, living in Australia and getting better service than the local guy, my wifew is also in pharmacy and cant compete with your prices and service , See you again soon .Cheers Rob