Feeling better

Posted by Reviewer1223002 on Dec 21, 2010

I have been taking these, and Natural factors B12, Methylcobalamin, High Potency, 5000 mcg Chewable, for several months. I was recently diagnosed with a double mutation of the MTHFR gene. These two tablets, in dosages recommended by my doctor, have reduced my homocysteine level from 9.9 to 7.7 which is under the 8 at which damage occurs. I have increased the MegaFolinic on the recommendation of my doctor, and am already feeling a lot better.

MegaFolinic

Posted by Reviewer1301606 on May 24, 2011

This is supposed to increase metobolic rate and speed metabolism. Its early days but I am finding a big change in energy levels

Good for what it is

Posted by 4709873229285068209 on Nov 03, 2013

I ordered two sources of folate, and this one comes in 2nd place. It's folate (as Calcium folinate/folinic acid), as opposed to folate (l-methylfolate). Calcium folate is converted into l-methylfolate, so it still leaves one processing step up to your body before it becomes the biousable form. As my body doesn't process folic acid well, I need to take a supplement that is already fully biousable, so I've decided to stick with a l-methylfolate folate supplement. If your body has no problems breaking down other forms, I see no reason why this isn't a good supplement.

Cured my anxiety

Posted by 5175626333368740103 on Jul 29, 2015

I have had high anxiety levels my entire life and anxiety attacks and intrusive thoughts/repeating words in my head for much of my adult life. It all stopped after three weeks of taking this product. It's been about a two months since I had anxiety problems now. I haven't had the genetic test, but there are articles out there saying that it's related to a genetic inability to absorb B vitamins - I thought I was just crazy. It feels great to be without anxiety. I can't say that it will definitely work for you, but if you have anxiety, it's really worth a try.

MegaFolinic

Posted by Reviewer3241259 on Oct 08, 2008

I started taking this at the advice of my doctor. I take an anti-depressant and this helps it work more efficiently.

Feeling better

Posted by Reviewer1022912 on Feb 14, 2010

Since taking these Mega Folinic as well as Methyl B-12 I am amazed at how much better and energetic I feel. I am much more active and feel so much better

pleased so far

Posted by Reviewer1058619 on May 09, 2009

Well tolerated. I'm not 100% sure, but I seem to have more energy after starting on this supplement.

not for me

Posted by Reviewer2773755 on Sep 19, 2011

I ended up with anxiety, heart palpitations, and sweating within minutes of taking this. I think it is because it is a methyl type of folate and so doesn't agree with me.

800mcg is too much

Posted by Health-Is-Wealth on Oct 30, 2013

I didn't notice additional benefit with this product, much the same as any other B9 I've tried (including methylB9). I'm also wary of 800mcg - would prefer 400mcg or less to avoid depleting other things. Also dislike added stearate. If this review was helpful to you, please click YES below - thank you. For reviews of all the products I have purchased from iHerb, please click my username above.

Almost all other products are folic acid ...

Posted by Reviewer1465935 on Oct 26, 2009

The cheaper and less bio-available for of Folate, so I was very pleased to find MegaFolinic, after quite a bit of searching!