Good for what it is

Posted by 4709873229285068209 on Nov 03, 2013

I ordered two sources of folate, and this one comes in 2nd place. It's folate (as Calcium folinate/folinic acid), as opposed to folate (l-methylfolate). Calcium folate is converted into l-methylfolate, so it still leaves one processing step up to your body before it becomes the biousable form. As my body doesn't process folic acid well, I need to take a supplement that is already fully biousable, so I've decided to stick with a l-methylfolate folate supplement. If your body has no problems breaking down other forms, I see no reason why this isn't a good supplement.

not for me

Posted by Reviewer2773755 on Sep 19, 2011

I ended up with anxiety, heart palpitations, and sweating within minutes of taking this. I think it is because it is a methyl type of folate and so doesn't agree with me.

Great stuff

Posted by Reviewer2719825 on Jul 07, 2011

My doctor suggested I take this in combo with B12. Can't beleive the difference in my energy levels.

Cured my anxiety

Posted by 5175626333368740103 on Jul 29, 2015

I have had high anxiety levels my entire life and anxiety attacks and intrusive thoughts/repeating words in my head for much of my adult life. It all stopped after three weeks of taking this product. It's been about a two months since I had anxiety problems now. I haven't had the genetic test, but there are articles out there saying that it's related to a genetic inability to absorb B vitamins - I thought I was just crazy. It feels great to be without anxiety. I can't say that it will definitely work for you, but if you have anxiety, it's really worth a try.

Best absorbed Folic Acid for Homocystein management

Posted by Reviewer2008921 on Feb 27, 2008

I always go for the best available product - in my case to keep Homocystein levels at bay and ensure Vitamin B6 absorption. Many supplements we take do not have the intended effect because your body does not absorb them properly. Megafolinic stands a better chance.