Source Naturals, N-Acetyl Cysteine, 1000 mg, 120 Tablets

Reviews 3-star

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »

Too early to tell.

Posted by Reviewer1391596 From New Zealand on Jun 22, 2011

I started taking 1 x 1000mg a day to see if it had any of the mucolytic affects that my research advised it might. To date I can't say that I've noticed any perceivable difference but I guess the results will be apparent during my next lung function test with my respiratory specialist. I haven't experienced any of the usual side effects such as overly smelly flatulence or feces. But then again both my flatulence and feces didn't have a particularly pleasant bouquet in the first place...any change might have been an improvement. One thing I'd recommend is to look at getting some vitamin C as well. This isn't something that iHerb or the Source Naturals instructions advise but a few minutes on google will show you that high dosages of NAC have side effects that are minimised by taking at least a 2:1 ratio of vitamin C to NAC. With a 1000mg dose of NAC you'd be taking 2000mg of vitamin C which is right on the border of the safe recommended daily intake for vitamin C before the laxative effects kick in and other long term high dosage complications such as kidney stones can occur. My 3 star rating at this stage is really just based on the good service I received from Source Naturals rather than the product itself as I haven't had a long enough exposure to NAC to make any firm decisions on whether it's been beneficial or not. Definitely recommend iHerb. The product was on my door step within 14 days...and I live in the middle of nowhere even by New Zealand standards.

N-Acetyl Cysteine

Posted by Reviewer2624352 From Australia on Sep 14, 2011

This product arrived in record time and excellent condition. I have been advised that the effects I am looking for - relief from depression - will take a month or more to show up, so I am not expecting much yet. So far, so good!

Average

Posted by 4756545918426610127 on May 04, 2012

Tried Source Natural's after Google'ing brands that pushed out quality multi vitamins. Source Naturals was a brand that was ranked higher than Jarrow's, but I think quality and potency differs for specific supplements. I found the Jarrow's Sustained NAC a better formula than Source Naturals.

N-Acetyl Cysteine Swift

Posted by Reviewer3145691 From Hong Kong on Nov 03, 2010

Delivering was prompt as I was pleasantly surprised to receive it within two weeks of ordering it. As soon as I broke the seal, there's a strong essence of concentrated apple and sulphur since it is an amino after all. I've been taking it once a day for almost two weeks though it's too early to say if I see any changes in my skin. I do recommend ordering it as it's good value for money; a better alternative to the expensive version here in Hong Kong that is charging over 200HKD for 60 tablets.

Source Naturals NAC

Posted by Reviewer3315135 From Georgia on May 04, 2011

Have been told that NAC is one of the great helpers of our immune system. Read it and Dr.Oz briefly mentioned it in a show in April. I have only tried one bottle and now on 2nd. Don't know because the immune symtem tanked again before any effect was noticed. This is long term support and proabably if you have just been diagnosed or feel you have autoimmune problems then you might have a beter respnse.

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »