helpful for chronic blepharitis and hangover

Posted by Reviewer2891273 on Oct 15, 2012

Now that’s a supplement I use for two problems. First, it is helpful for chronic blepharitis: helps to loosen the thick secretions that block the oil-secreting glands in posterior blepharitis. For this purpose I took it for about 2 months and it did help to make secretions less thick, which was noted by my doctor. And second – as a recovery drug: sometimes I have a headache from half a glass of red wine (!) but one tablet taken the same evening helps to skip the headache.

Good mucolytic effects, and antidote to acids, mycotoxins and environmental pollution

Posted by ShaktiSophia on Aug 17, 2012

I took NAC in order to help clear my body of acids, mycotoxins and environmental toxins, and I was happy with the results, feeling and looking clearer. It doesn't just help to get rid of some toxins but, both directly and as a precursor of antioxidant gluthatione, it also protects the liver against damage from mycotoxins. Some studies show that it can bond to heavy metals such as lead (from paint and cigarette smoke), mercury (from dental fillings) and cadmium, to escort them out of the body. It can also neutralize acetaldehyde, a strong neurotoxin that is absorbed or produced in the brain from alcohol consumption, car pollution, candida overgrowth and cigarette smoke. I also used this product in the past for its mucolytic benefits when I had big colds and bronchitis, which doesn't seem to happen to me anymore. It really helped to break down mucus, making it s good liquefying expectorant. I still use it from time to time to help clear my sinuses that tend to get congested whenever I spend some time exposed to peak pollution, dust, or very dry environments, and it seems to help. Now NAC can have side effects and it can add to or contradict the effects of some drugs, so I'd recommend that everyone do their own research. I find these tabs to be easy to swallow and easy to split.

Important antioxidant!

Posted by Reviewer2926332 on Jun 14, 2012

N-Acetylcysteine is fundamental for the formation of glutathione in the body. Glutathione is one of the most potent antioxidants. Acetylcysteine protects mainly your liver from injuries caused by chemicals and drugs. I take 3 prescription drugs per day for bipolar disorder and often tylenol and I want to help my liver to stay healthy. NAC helps with it. Moreover it can help with bipolar disorder, depression and OCD by lowering the excitatory neurotransmitter Glutamate in some areas of the brain. Don't worry if you heard about NAC causing PAH since the doses used in the studies were much higher than 600 mg or even 1200 mg a day. Source Naturals equals quality and I will never allow this supplement to run out of my stack!

very good quality at a great price!

Posted by Reviewer1012520 on Jun 08, 2012

very good quality at a great price!

Quite strong

Posted by Reviewer3278480 on Mar 12, 2012

I'm very sensitive to vitamins/herbs. This one causes me to be anxious and jittery. Try starting with half a tab and work your way up to one dose. Definitely not recommended before bed.

Use this for immune support...

Posted by OrganicReviews99 on Feb 27, 2012

along with many other stuff.

Customer from Poland.

Posted by Reviewer1628051 on Feb 21, 2012

This is good product. Powerful antioxidant. I recommend.

Source Naturals N-Acetyl Cysteine

Posted by Reviewer1871249 on Dec 23, 2011

I like Source Naturals N-Acetyl Cysteine, it is very helpful. Good protection of a liver and good antioxidant.

Hard to find and effective supplement

Posted by Reviewer2410841 on Dec 06, 2011

In Europe this supplement is commonly used for respiratory conditions and to strengthen your immune system. I have always used the effervescent formulas and was intrigued to find pill form, which is easier to take. Seems to help with coughs. It has a slightly acidic/tart taste if you leave it in your mouth too long, but no unpleasant taste.

NAC

Posted by Xenias on Oct 08, 2011

Amazing price for such a beneficial product. I give it to my 3 year old grandson who has heavy metal poisoning and movement disorder. Side effects such as nausia can be eliminated with the use vitamin C 300mg of NAC to 600mg Vitamin C twice a day in two doses. Plus ALA I'm still waiting to see results,as far as his seizures go. Will up date when I see them.