Best Sellers New Products Super Specials! Product Trials Clearance

Source Naturals, N-Acetyl Cysteine, 600 mg, 120 Tablets

Liver detox

Posted by vitality on Jan 02, 2014

Great for liver detox, I take one daily. Has an antioxidant effect in the body which is nearly as powerful as alpha lipoic acid. However I don't like the tableting agents included.

Quite strong

Posted by Reviewer3278480 on Mar 12, 2012

I'm very sensitive to vitamins/herbs. This one causes me to be anxious and jittery. Try starting with half a tab and work your way up to one dose. Definitely not recommended before bed.

Good mucolytic effects, and antidote to acids, mycotoxins and environmental pollution

Posted by ShaktiSophia on Aug 17, 2012

I took NAC in order to help clear my body of acids, mycotoxins and environmental toxins, and I was happy with the results, feeling and looking clearer. It doesn't just help to get rid of some toxins but, both directly and as a precursor of antioxidant gluthatione, it also protects the liver against damage from mycotoxins. Some studies show that it can bond to heavy metals such as lead (from paint and cigarette smoke), mercury (from dental fillings) and cadmium, to escort them out of the body. It can also neutralize acetaldehyde, a strong neurotoxin that is absorbed or produced in the brain from alcohol consumption, car pollution, candida overgrowth and cigarette smoke. I also used this product in the past for its mucolytic benefits when I had big colds and bronchitis, which doesn't seem to happen to me anymore. It really helped to break down mucus, making it s good liquefying expectorant. I still use it from time to time to help clear my sinuses that tend to get congested whenever I spend some time exposed to peak pollution, dust, or very dry environments, and it seems to help. Now NAC can have side effects and it can add to or contradict the effects of some drugs, so I'd recommend that everyone do their own research. I find these tabs to be easy to swallow and easy to split.

helpful for chronic blepharitis and hangover

Posted by Reviewer2891273 on Oct 15, 2012

Now that’s a supplement I use for two problems. First, it is helpful for chronic blepharitis: helps to loosen the thick secretions that block the oil-secreting glands in posterior blepharitis. For this purpose I took it for about 2 months and it did help to make secretions less thick, which was noted by my doctor. And second – as a recovery drug: sometimes I have a headache from half a glass of red wine (!) but one tablet taken the same evening helps to skip the headache.

Stops nail-biting and hair-pulling, and prevents hangover!

Posted by Reviewer2732177 on Nov 28, 2013

This has helped my son stop biting his nails. He had chewed them back to sad, bleeding stubs. I gave him NAC and after 2 months he had new little nails showing. I also recommended it to a friend who suffers from trichotillomania (hair-pulling). He was able to get his problem under control for the first time in his life. I take it before bed if I've had a drink or two or three. It's the rate limiting factor in the liver's ability to process alcohol break-down products - when you run out of your natural supply of NAC you can't break down any more alcohol. With more NAC in your system alcohol is broken down into harmless citric acid. No more hangovers!