Source Naturals, Niacin, 100 mg, 250 Tablets

Great sleep and mood aid, split the tablets to get the dose you need

Posted by NaturalMum on May 16, 2013

This is a great way to start of with a flushing form of niacin. Split the tablets to begin with and work your way up to a whole. I love these tablets, great just before bed to ensure sleep and really great for the problem I have in waking up in the middle of the night and not getting back to sleep. I just have one of these and I'm back asleep in no time. Niacin is also great for mood disorders and cholesterol...do some research and you'll be amazed that this nutrient isn't more widely taken. I found this brand to have the strongest flush for its strength which I believe is an indication of a quality niacin supplement. Please click 'yes' if you found this helpful and click my NaturalMum link above for more reviews on natural beauty products, vitamins and supplements.

forget statins, take niacin and save (money and health)

Posted by Reviewer2532737 on Jun 14, 2008

a good price. I avoid the more extensive non-flushing, some forms of non-flushing are riskier at high dosages according to a Veterans hospital study. Taking niacin is as effective, cheaper, and safer than taken those nasty statin drugs that give you muscle weakness. Don't be a sucker, endure a little flushing each day to keep those arteries clean.

Niacin

Posted by Reviewer1562605 on Oct 24, 2008

My doctor wanted me to take statins for high cholesterol, since those are know to casue liver and kidney damage, I flat out said NO. I found (on a gov website) that Naicin was 30% MORE effective at reducing high cholesterol than statins. My count went from 270 down to 196 in 6 months. The 100mg size is just the right amount, (very minor or no flush occurs). Note: If you have a major flush lasting longer than a minute or two, your taking too much, (per a recent doctors study thats available online) Take AFTER a FULL meal!!

not as 'flushy' as capsules

Posted by Reviewer2197931 on May 20, 2009

These are tablets - they are not as fast-acting as capsules. My last niacin was capsules which caused more flushing at 200mg doses. These I am taking 750mg at a time and tolerating easily.

Very good

Posted by Reviewer2809047 on Mar 01, 2008

Maybe it's just my imagination, but when I take daily niacin, I feel like I can think better--better memory and faster thinking. Also, it seems to produce a little burst of energy. This product causes a little flush, like any immediate release niacin. I like that this formula also contains some calcium. As with all iHerb supplements, it is very well priced. Thanks iHerb!