Great sleep and mood aid, split the tablets to get the dose you need

Posted by NaturalMum on May 16, 2013

This is a great way to start of with a flushing form of niacin. Split the tablets to begin with and work your way up to a whole. I love these tablets, great just before bed to ensure sleep and really great for the problem I have in waking up in the middle of the night and not getting back to sleep. I just have one of these and I'm back asleep in no time. Niacin is also great for mood disorders and cholesterol...do some research and you'll be amazed that this nutrient isn't more widely taken. I found this brand to have the strongest flush for its strength which I believe is an indication of a quality niacin supplement. Please click 'yes' if you found this helpful and click my NaturalMum link above for more reviews on natural beauty products, vitamins and supplements.

forget statins, take niacin and save (money and health)

Posted by Reviewer2532737 on Jun 14, 2008

a good price. I avoid the more extensive non-flushing, some forms of non-flushing are riskier at high dosages according to a Veterans hospital study. Taking niacin is as effective, cheaper, and safer than taken those nasty statin drugs that give you muscle weakness. Don't be a sucker, endure a little flushing each day to keep those arteries clean.

Niacin

Posted by Reviewer1562605 on Oct 24, 2008

My doctor wanted me to take statins for high cholesterol, since those are know to casue liver and kidney damage, I flat out said NO. I found (on a gov website) that Naicin was 30% MORE effective at reducing high cholesterol than statins. My count went from 270 down to 196 in 6 months. The 100mg size is just the right amount, (very minor or no flush occurs). Note: If you have a major flush lasting longer than a minute or two, your taking too much, (per a recent doctors study thats available online) Take AFTER a FULL meal!!

Best low dose niacin

Posted by cot477 on Jul 03, 2012

After reading Hoffer's book on niacin we became nightly users. Read the book! We were using a different brand - using a tablet cutter to dose it lower - 25mg for my child and 50mg for me. The other brand would break and crumble. Source Naturals is made slightly thicker (more binders, but that's ok) and it cuts perfectly. I feel confident in the dosing of this tablet. We've already placed another order...

not as 'flushy' as capsules

Posted by Reviewer2197931 on May 20, 2009

These are tablets - they are not as fast-acting as capsules. My last niacin was capsules which caused more flushing at 200mg doses. These I am taking 750mg at a time and tolerating easily.

Doesn't seem to work for me

Posted by Reviewer2271430 on Feb 03, 2010

Seems to be a time release and does not work as well as Solgar 250mg or Twinlabs 500mg. I took 3-5 of these tablets and hardly get any flushing whereas I always get flushing with the other products.

Very good

Posted by Reviewer2809047 on Mar 01, 2008

Maybe it's just my imagination, but when I take daily niacin, I feel like I can think better--better memory and faster thinking. Also, it seems to produce a little burst of energy. This product causes a little flush, like any immediate release niacin. I like that this formula also contains some calcium. As with all iHerb supplements, it is very well priced. Thanks iHerb!

works great!

Posted by Reviewer1827642 on Jun 29, 2010

I started out with only one pill, morning and night, to see how I would react. Only had some slight tingling and flushing. So on the 3rd day I doubled it and continued for about a week. The tingling varied from mild to moderate but also was getting mild headachs. I heard this was normal and would go away with continued use. On the 3rd week I started taking 3 pills morning and night, almost always with food to have minimal side effects. There are on occasions when I don't have any side effects and then other times they are quite noticable. But the headachs are gone. It seems to be helping with circulation and alertness. I also take other acidic pills so I always take some antacid to help neutralize the acid. This is highly recommended so as not to ruin your stomach or other internal organs. Once these pills are gone I think I will order a higher dosage or even a different form of niacin now that my body is used to it.

Happy with the Product

Posted by Reviewer2998126 on Jan 21, 2011

I converted from my non-flushing Niacin to this high-quality Niacin and am happy and slowly increasing my tolerance. The non-flushing Niacin, I was told by my doctor, damages the liver, while the regular Niacin does not. I am using this product to reduce naturally my LDL cholesterol.

Niacin

Posted by Reviewer1587915 on Feb 25, 2009

I don't have the result yet. The reason I take Niacin is hope to increase my HDL and decrease TRG.

« Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next »