Less of a tingle

Posted by 5134696866210806423 on Feb 17, 2016

I take extra niacin whlle I'm addressing an adrenal fatigue problem. I did run out for a while, and within a couple of days was suffering from insomnia again. Turns out that a niacin deficiency can cause insomnia! Go figure! Anyways, I used to get another Nature's Plus Niacin, but decided to try this as its better value for money. Initially I wasn't sure if it was working, until I had my supplements on an empty stomach, and sure enough there was the tell-tale red flush tingle in my face. Feels weird but its a comfort to know its working. It is slightly less tingly than the previous brand though. Not sure if that's any indication of strength or effectiveness. But I'll be sticking with this one anyway. I'm taking half a day, to top up my one-a-day B-complex capsule.

Not potent enough.

Posted by TriedandTested on Jan 10, 2016

Had to take many tablets before a flush was felt. Will try capsules next time.

can't take it

Posted by beafawcett on May 03, 2015

I bought this to use as a 'methyl mop' when using methylfolate. unfortunately for me it seems that niacin burns my stomach. even small doses are intolerable and this product doesn't give ways to control amounts. it also seems very hard to find apprpopriate small doses for my purpose. it seems some of us have this difficulty so it is worth mentioning.

GOOD.

Posted by 5447116574573006404 on Oct 01, 2013

Great sleep and mood aid, split the tablets to get the dose you need

Posted by NaturalMum on May 16, 2013

This is a great way to start of with a flushing form of niacin. Split the tablets to begin with and work your way up to a whole. I love these tablets, great just before bed to ensure sleep and really great for the problem I have in waking up in the middle of the night and not getting back to sleep. I just have one of these and I'm back asleep in no time. Niacin is also great for mood disorders and cholesterol...do some research and you'll be amazed that this nutrient isn't more widely taken. I found this brand to have the strongest flush for its strength which I believe is an indication of a quality niacin supplement. Please click 'yes' if you found this helpful and click my NaturalMum link above for more reviews on natural beauty products, vitamins and supplements.

Best low dose niacin

Posted by cot477 on Jul 03, 2012

After reading Hoffer's book on niacin we became nightly users. Read the book! We were using a different brand - using a tablet cutter to dose it lower - 25mg for my child and 50mg for me. The other brand would break and crumble. Source Naturals is made slightly thicker (more binders, but that's ok) and it cuts perfectly. I feel confident in the dosing of this tablet. We've already placed another order...

Boosts mood

Posted by DawnMellowship on May 16, 2012

I find this boosts my mood if I take it daily and it's said to help boost the circulation. I've stuck with this brand for ages as it's inexpensive and does the job.

B12 good stuff

Posted by Reviewer2265562 on Feb 22, 2012

Very good and helps with energy level

Good GF Niacin

Posted by Reviewer1110593 on Feb 21, 2012

The ony clearly labelled GF niacin tablets in the right amount and cheap too

Niacin