Horrible flushing

Posted by Reviewer1022335 on Feb 24, 2009

I've been taking this same niacin for years, waiting for the flushing to subside or stop since it is a Timed Release Niacin. This has not happened yet. I experience horrible head throbbing and rash producing flushing. I'm looking for a different extended release niacin.

Mr. Les Ciesemier

Posted by Reviewer1734849 on Sep 02, 2008

Terrible product. I have been taking sustained release niacin for years and have never had one that exhibited such uncomfortable flushing.

Niacin is better than Statin with no side effect

Posted by Reviewer2647046 on Jan 19, 2012

Niacin really works! It increases HDL, lowers BP & improves circulation all over especially to my legs & feet. Unless you want a surprising tingly Niacin flush, best to start with half a tab on a full stomach. Excellent potent product. Will take Niacin for life. Could do with an economy size like 360 or 500 tabs.

JB

Posted by Reviewer2875371 on Feb 20, 2008

You get used to the flush quickly and then no problem. Hope my LDL responds as well.

J. Blom

Posted by Reviewer1968875 on Jul 28, 2008

I did not realise that it was slow release, I did not want that.

Flush

Posted by Reviewer1878371 on Aug 09, 2010

These tablets cause quite a bit of flushing. Time release capsules may be a better choice.

...almost... flush-free

Posted by Reviewer3343289 on Mar 02, 2009

Although touted as "timed release to minimize flushing" this only seems to work well for me if taken right after (not before) a meal. In that case, flushing is quite minimal.

Great

Posted by Reviewer2983354 on May 17, 2011

thanks

Just plain niacin

Posted by Reviewer2862676 on Oct 08, 2008

Niacin is supposed to keep cholesterol in check and these were a good price for the dosage.

Great Value & if WORKS

Posted by Reviewer3196081 on Nov 28, 2007

Niacin has been a part of my health regimen for over 30 years. Source Naturals offers the best value for the buck. I am happy & pleased iherb continues to carry such fine health products. They are my first choice in health care products. Keep up the GREAT Work iherb