Source Naturals, SAMe, 200 mg, 60 Enteric Coated Tablets

Reviews 3-star

Works well, but . . . . .

Posted by Reviewer2072957 on Feb 26, 2008

Would've rated it higher because in the pain-cessation category it works really well. However, I get stabbing digestive pains from it and nausea. I am trying a reduced dose and so far, not more than a twinge once in a while. Love the packaging.

Works well; only 1 prob

Posted by Reviewer1014818 on Jan 08, 2008

I have had a good experience from Source Naturals SAMe overall. I use for anxiety, and I can really tell when I miss a dose. I also read that after you've taken it for a while, it can build up in your system so that you don't have to take as high of a dose. (and they recommend taking vitamin b complex with; helps you to absorb and prevent homocysteine levels from getting too high) And I've noticed better results from the Source Naturals brand than whatever brand I picked up at my local WM when I first decided to try SAMe. The only problem I've had was in one package I guess there was a hole in a few of the blister packs (I didn't see any hole though) because about three or four of the pills were all melted looking when I opened their blister compartment. I've bought at least 4 or 5 packages and this only happened in one.

Source Naturals, SAMe, 200 mg

Posted by Reviewer2917759 on Apr 08, 2008

I've only been using it for a short time and need to use it a bit longer to fully determine its effectiveness. 400 mg. has helped a bit with the sleep problems I've been having but you have to take it on an empty stomach and that isn't always easy because of when I eat dinner (and taking it earlier in the days makes me drowsy).

I think it works

Posted by Reviewer2137328 on Sep 05, 2013

I can tell more when I DON'T take my SAMe than when I do. It certainly keeps me more productive when I may otherwise not feel like doing a dang thing. If you need that extra boost, I recommend this product. I've tried a few brands & prefer this one.

Not For My Sensitive System

Posted by Reviewer2814708 on Mar 23, 2014

I purchased this product with the hope that it would help relieve ongoing arthritis pain in my joints. As an added benefit, I also hoped it would even out my mood, which tends toward depression. While I do use other vitamin/mineral supplements by Source Naturals and believe this product to be of the highest quality, I had several adverse reactions on the very small dose of just 200mg a day. I took the product for nearly 3 weeks, but after the second week I began experiencing gastrointestinal irritation (rumbling, churning stomach) along with nausea, sweating, anxiety and a racing heart rate. As I always research supplements thoroughly before taking a new one, I was aware that these were possible side affects - some which could indicate other, more serious problems, such as Serotonin Syndrome. I have since discontinued using the product as it seems even the lowest dose is too strong for my body and all the symptoms have since subsided. So I would certainly caution anyone trying this product for the first time, to read up on it and make an informed decision. I do have to say that in the first couple weeks, when all was going well, I did notice at first, experiencing a calmer mood. I did not however notice any change in my arthritis pain.