Gifts Best Sellers Specials New Products Product Trials Conditions A-Z

Source Naturals, SAMe, 200 mg, 60 Enteric Coated Tablets

Does seem to help with mood

Posted by Reviewer2871482 on Oct 18, 2007

The packaging is convenient (easy to pop out of its foil) and I am pleased with the way I feel.

SAMe

Posted by Reviewer1123307 on Mar 23, 2008

I actually ordered this for my dog who had/has some liver problems. His vet recommended it. I think the Source Naturals products are very high quality and I'm always happy with the results. p.s. the dog hasn't had an "attack" since he started using SAMe.

I think it works

Posted by Reviewer2137328 on Sep 05, 2013

I can tell more when I DON'T take my SAMe than when I do. It certainly keeps me more productive when I may otherwise not feel like doing a dang thing. If you need that extra boost, I recommend this product. I've tried a few brands & prefer this one.

Not For My Sensitive System

Posted by Reviewer2814708 on Mar 23, 2014

I purchased this product with the hope that it would help relieve ongoing arthritis pain in my joints. As an added benefit, I also hoped it would even out my mood, which tends toward depression. While I do use other vitamin/mineral supplements by Source Naturals and believe this product to be of the highest quality, I had several adverse reactions on the very small dose of just 200mg a day. I took the product for nearly 3 weeks, but after the second week I began experiencing gastrointestinal irritation (rumbling, churning stomach) along with nausea, sweating, anxiety and a racing heart rate. As I always research supplements thoroughly before taking a new one, I was aware that these were possible side affects - some which could indicate other, more serious problems, such as Serotonin Syndrome. I have since discontinued using the product as it seems even the lowest dose is too strong for my body and all the symptoms have since subsided. So I would certainly caution anyone trying this product for the first time, to read up on it and make an informed decision. I do have to say that in the first couple weeks, when all was going well, I did notice at first, experiencing a calmer mood. I did not however notice any change in my arthritis pain.

made me irritable and angry

Posted by Reviewer3085712 on Aug 09, 2013

Wow! Did not expect to have side effects with this product! My brother recommended that I try this for my arthritis. After a couple days, I started feeling very irritable and angry. Even my dogs noticed the change in my behavior. I quit taking it and went back to normal by the next day. I must be really sensitive to the CNS effects of SAMe. SSRI antidepressants had the same effect on me, also. Just be aware of the potential for unexpected effects.