Source Naturals, Theanine Serene, with Relora, 60 Tablets

Reviews 4-star

do your research

Posted by Reviewer2704269 on Dec 22, 2008

I purchased this for pms: anxiety, stress, irritability, insomnia etc. It thoroughly relaxed me after the first dose (before bed) but it kept me awake. After the third night it started having a sedative effect, including day time doses. I purchased it based on the reviews but found out afterwards that it reduces brain serotonin levels and increases dopamine levels. I take ssri's and experience high serotonin levels on a cyclic basis due to the meds (which coincide with the pms symptoms) and found it to be effective in reducing serotonin and therefore the associated symptoms. At other times it decreased the effectiveness of the meds. Do your research if you are on ssri's, maoi's or meds that affect dopamine levels. I will take only when serotonin levels are high, will resume taking Now's Super Cortisol Support with Relora for stress and insomnia which is the better choice for me and works.

Worth A Try For Social Anxiety

Posted by Reviewer1821233 on Sep 05, 2009

I have suffered with social anxiety disorder for quite some time to the point where it affected my personal relationships and prevented me from furthering my education...Speaking with a therapist and Effexor XR seemed to help my symptoms (extreme self-consciousness, unable to make contact with others, fear of authority figures, etc) for awhile, but I discontinued prescription medication due to the many side effects that the drug caused me (the tiredness, brain "zaps", and memory problems were especially troublesome). After being off of medication for a few years I felt my SAD symptoms beginning to reappear...my interest in natural/alternative medicine made me want to give Theanine Serene a try and I have been very happy with the results! I take 2 Theanine Serene tablets daily along with Bach Flower Essences (Mimulus and Larch) and this helps to take the edge off my SAD symptoms.

not so good on its own but very good combined with others!!!!

Posted by Reviewer2218574 on Jul 12, 2009

I have very bad insomnia for years whereby I can sleep for a only an hour or so then my body and mind thinks its time to do a marathon, this has been very frustrating. I have treid many products that just don't help at all, I've also tried prescription meds which thank God I have now come off because of this recipe below. So, for over a week I have been taking 1 x Source Naturals Theanine Serene with Relora + 1 x Source Naturals Night Rest and 1 X Organic Valerian (or MRM, Relax - with Phenibut) 1/2 hour before bed and again (not the MRM, Relax or valerian) when I wake at 2 am (ish). I sleep for average 9 hours, quite a miracle I'd say. For some this will be too much but you could begin to experiment. I tried omitting the 2 am but it doesn't work, I just stay awake. You may need to add more or have less but this is perfect for me. Hope this works for you or something simular. Each one of these do not work well enough on their own tho, but are a power house together.

*shrug* - it works

Posted by Reviewer2912174 on Feb 23, 2008

i originally bought these as sort of a relaxant, to improve my behavior towards the end of the day @ work. Now, ive found myself taking it every day as a mood enhancer/stabilizer. its fairly effective at that, not perfect of course. Though, i do worry about taking it long term like this. i mean, I dont know anything about this stuff other then what i read online about its effects/origins.

great for beadtime

Posted by Reviewer1067488 on Mar 01, 2008

a little it more of a sedative effect than I had expected. Makes me a bit sleepy. If you take it to help with stress from insomnia, it's great. But for a functional calming, it may be too much.