strong, icky smell and taste!

Posted by Reviewer2436065 on Dec 10, 2009

I beleive this product helps the immune system, but it is so nasty smelling and such large pills that we've had trouble taking it at all. it would be great if it were packaged in a gel capsule to lessen the odor. it's really strong!

My immune system couldn't tolerate this product !

Posted by Unseenhawk on Oct 19, 2015

I had to come back and edit my review after I gave this product a 5 star review but after trial, my immune system couldn't tolerate this product as it cause upset stomach, little headache, and redness with some pumps on face, after I stopped taking this formula everything came back to normal, it's a very impressive ingredients with lots of key targets, you're lucky if you can tolerate this alas for me I may look for another products or may try Proteolytic Enzymes and see how it goes. هذا منتج يحتوي على مجموعة رائعة للمناعة ولكن للأسف سبب لي حساسية و صداع وآلآم في البطن قد يعمل لبعض الناس ولكن للأسف ليس لي.

Doesn't Work For Me....

Posted by Reviewer2088152 on Jan 25, 2008

I purchased this product due to all the glowing reviews and raves at how well this product keeps you well during the cold/flu season. However, I have found this product doesn't agree with me. I take it as directed, however it makes me feel light-headed and nauseated, so I have had to throw this product out as I can't return it now that it has been opened. This product also smells atrocious and tastes badly once placed inside the mouth.... I've checked the expiration date and it is still supposedly good.

Good but can be better as well!

Posted by Supplementsdiy on Nov 17, 2013

This is a very comprehensive blend of immune boosting herbs and vitamins in one bottle! Some of the ingredients might seem low in weight but herbs are known to work in synergy and the end results often exceed the potency of individual herbs! It finds that it works well to prevent the onset of illness and it does not work well once you are already sick. Note that the tablets are very big (known as horse pill) so some people might have difficulty swallowing it. The smell/taste from the tablets might also turn some people. You can opt for the capsules version if this is a problem but it is more expensive as well. As for the dosage, 3 daily seems just right. I find that 1 or 2 tablets daily seem somewhat ineffective. Another downside is that the product does not use the most bioavailable vitamin A, C, selenium or even zinc and the vitamin C contains way too much different forms of Vitamin C and there is no way to tell the portion of each form to the other. For additional immune boosting, you can add mushroom blends as well. Check out my page for more reviews!

Not that effective

Posted by Reviewer3154507 on Dec 20, 2007

Based on other reviews, I tried this product a couple of times when I thought I was coming down with a cold and it seemed to work quickly. Recently, I took it immediately every 3 hours for 2 days when I felt something coming on and it failed to prevent it. It is now almost a week later and I am finally on the mend.

I heard these are the best

Posted by Reviewer1676014 on Dec 13, 2007

I was told this is a must always have in the medicine chest and I agree they work very well to keep from coming down with the latest sickness.

It works for me!

Posted by Reviewer3107219 on Jan 24, 2008

I have recently re-ordered Wellness Formula from iHerb.com and have been asked to review the product. I have taken Wellness Formula very regularly for more years than I can remember. What I can remember is that throughout that entire time, I have not succombed to the common cold or any other air-borne illnesses which others around me seem to easily "catch." Perhaps naively, I credit all of that good health to Wellness Formula, Herbal Defense Complex.

excellent product

Posted by Reviewer1853259 on Jan 13, 2008

This formula has been the cornerstone of my health for over 8 years. seriously, it has saved me over and over again. I am leading your "horse to water..."!

Da Best

Posted by Reviewer3109128 on Nov 08, 2007

Aloha this product has been keeping my family and myself feeling great.

Best Formula I've Tried

Posted by Reviewer1207153 on Nov 14, 2007

Our family has been using this for years, taking it at the onset of a cold or flu, and it's rare that we aren't back to normal in a day or two. My husband also takes it along with his multivitamin when he travels - and he's convinced it increases his resistance.