Definitely worth buying!

Posted by Supplementsdiy on Nov 17, 2013

This soap contains all natural ingredients. It does not contain harsh chemicals such as paraben, phthalate, sodium lauryl sulphate. It’s biodegradable and does not leave behind harmful chemicals in the environment. It does not sting the eyes much when it accidently gets into the eyes like when you use conventional soap loaded with many unknown chemical. I found it too a bit more drying. This is probably the best bar soap that I have tried (I like Dr Wood’s liquid as well but I use it for other purposes instead). The first thing that you will notice about this soap is that it’s so big, much bigger than the standard bar soap size and it lasts much longer as well. Secondly, it’s the smell. It smells wonderful. You can easily smell it even before you open it. It will also freshen up your bathroom for the next few days before losing its smell (like any other bar soap). Thirdly, it lathers very well; giving a rich, creamy feel (reminds me of Dove body wash). This is special as almost all natural soaps do not lather really well or even close to conventional chemical soap. Definitely important if you miss the lather feeling when you switch to natural soap. Lastly, this soap is not drying at all and is very gentle. When I use it to wash my face, it tends to get oily again within 2-3 hours only! Other soaps tend to last 4-5 hours and often make my facial skin too dry. It keeps your skin soft and moisturized. It is definitely money for value and size too! Check out my page for more reviews!

Good

Posted by Reviewer2994189 on Mar 12, 2010

Large bar that lasts a long time. Has a typical "soap" fragrance, seems to not dry out the skin.

South of France Shea Butter Soap Bar

Posted by Reviewer1164653 on Sep 28, 2011

This is a nice big bar of soap that I purchased because of its moisturizing quality. Unfortunately, since I started using it, my skin is drier than it was before. :(

Really drying :(

Posted by thatswhatshesaid on Jul 05, 2013

No way is it moisturising at all. It dried out the skin so much. Not recommended.

Heavenly smell

Posted by Reviewer1420839 on Jan 13, 2009

We have been using this soap for years now, it has beautiful smell, does not dry the skin at all. I love how big the size is. I highly recommend this soap for everyone who is looking to buy a natural product.

Wonderfully Soft

Posted by Reviewer2607422 on Jun 19, 2008

This South of France Shea Butter Soap is the perfect bar soap. The lather is abundant and so soft and creamy that it feels luxurious. The size of the bar is extra generous, too, at nearly 9 ounces. This is a high quality product like all of the South of France line. Their products are hand-made and an unbelievably good deal for the price. I can't wait to try more of the South of France line.

Mmmmmmmmm Shea butter soap

Posted by Reviewer2263037 on Oct 14, 2008

Makes your bath tub a spa!! Leaves your skin soft and smooth without drying. Nice generous size also.

Excellent

Posted by Reviewer3086304 on Aug 24, 2012

The fragrance is great initially but like most soaps, it will become less obvious after use it for a while.

Feel great, but makes me itchy.

Posted by Reviewer2734464 on Mar 05, 2008

It's a lovely, big bar of soap, but it's not for anyone with allergies. If you can tolerate the fragrance and shea butter, it's a good value. Otherwise, stay clear.

tonyp

Posted by Reviewer1117102 on Mar 13, 2008

I love soaps, and this is the best soap I have found. I have very dry skin and this is the best for dry skin. Great value too.