Special, Doctor's Best, Best Digestive Enzymes All Vegetarian, 10 Veggie Caps (Discontinued Item)
Items 1-5 of 265 total
« Previous |
| Next »
18 people found the following review helpful
Posted by ZlatinVal on Aug 11, 2012
They have no fillers. I like that. Plus capsule is made from plan cellulose. Doctor's best shows quality as usual.
Was this review helpful to you?
Note: iHerb does not imply any medical claims from this review. Disclaimer.
Digestive Enzymes All Vegetarian, 10 Veggie Caps
5 people found the following review helpful
Posted by alvinlky on Jan 25, 2013
It really works after trying the samples, especially when overeating, it helps me to relieve my bloating and indigestion. The product and comes from a Company, I have trusted for years.
One of the BEST out there !
12 people found the following review helpful
Posted by vinetu28 on Aug 31, 2012
Having tried other digestive enzymes, I say with confidence, this is a great enzyme to take. I've suffered with IBS for years. Not any more! Plant based enzymes such as these are more effective. I take 5 with each meal. Every person is different. Some may only need one or two. It's best to try just a few and increase the amount of capsules until your symptoms have gone away. Many doctors say to take just 1 with each meal. That often isn't enough and people are left thinking the enzymes don't work or the brand of capsules is the issue.
Take it from me, this works. I've been to surgeons, gastro-docs, natural docs, you name it. Once I began taking this, I am symptom free.
Side note:Specific enzymes work on specific foods. You need the right type of enzyme for the foods you want it to break down. Think of the foods you have problems with and then choose a product that contains at least those types of enzymes. Here is a list of the common enzyme types and foods they act on.
Digestive enzymes are enzymes that break down food into usable material. The major different types of digestive enzymes are:
• amylase – breaks down carbohydrates, starches, and sugars which are prevalent in potatoes, fruits, vegetables, and many snack foods
• lactase – breaks down lactose (milk sugars)
• alpha-glactosidase – facilitates digestion of beans, legumes, seeds,
roots, soy products, and underground stems
• protease – breaks down proteins found in meats, nuts, eggs, and cheese
• pepsin – breaks down proteins into peptides
• peptidase – breaks down small peptide proteins to amino acids
• bromelain – derived from pineapple, breaks down a broad spectrum of proteins
• papain – derived from raw papaya, broad range of substrates and pH, works well breaking down small and large proteins
• lipase – breaks down fats found in most dairy products, nuts, oils, and meat
• cellulase – breaks down cellulos, plant fiber; not found in humans
3 people found the following review helpful
Posted by ShaktiSophia on Aug 22, 2012
I like that this enzyme supplement has a wide range of enzymes in good concentration, and no fillers at all. I also find the sample size really handy, especially to take to the restaurant.
Posted by Reviewer2904198 on Oct 08, 2011
i like taking this right after i eat a meal. it helps prevent gas, bloating, and other uncomfortable feelings.