Delicious authentic French food...but the GMO corn!

Posted by PurplePegasus on May 08, 2012

This is absolutely truly delicious and tastes like authentic French food, it reminds me quite a bit of Salade Niçoise with the exquisite flavor of the oils and green beans with potatoes; this is something I have never tasted here in the States, and even the tuna is very different from American: I added a bit of a can of tuna and what a mistake, the flavors do not compare! The French tuna is excellent, very meaty and without a canned fishy taste. I am giving this 5 stars (for taste) but with reservations: the sweetcorn is GMO! If you don't know what GMOs are I urge you to watch the Vimeo by Jeffrey M Smith. And so I've been meticulously fishing out all the corn and this is a huge bother as there is a lot of corn, which is unnatural of classic French cuisine: unless it has sadly been introduced there in the last decades by Monsanto, French people simply do not eat corn has it has long been considered nothing but fattening pig feed in France and with good reasons! Luckily I've never cared for the taste, even before the 90's when it was turned GMO. My other gripe is that St. Dalfour touts itself as a healthy line but none of its foods are organic! And because I have MCS and organic foods are a must for my condition, I'm really torn here. I will probably purchase again as the taste is quite addictive, but will try to make this a rare occasional treat; also the pasta is white flour! Probably the least healthy thing on my diet but there is very little pasta.

New try

Posted by Reviewer1050148 on Apr 28, 2011

I do not like the taste of this, and after eating one can I was sick for a few hours until my body got rid of it.

Strange taste

Posted by Reviewer2364115 on Apr 27, 2011

Weird taste. Won't buy again.

Good emergency food | Possible GMO Alert: corn, xantham and guar gums

Posted by Non-GMO on Jun 27, 2012

I myself am gluten free, but I have bought these for my spouse and other family members. All like it! The tuna is wild caught and dolphin safe. Extra virgin olive oil. Mostly excellent ingredients; however, not organic. Sweet corn grown in France is not GMO. They have only approved GMO corn for animal feed; however, it is possible that they import the sweet corn. I have contacted St Dalfour to inquire about GMOs and BPA. When I hear back, I will update this review.

Very tasty.

Posted by Reviewer3126648 on Oct 02, 2012

Convenient, when on the go. Helps me stear away from junk food.

Good for me

Posted by Reviewer1352709 on May 07, 2012

Replaces a meal, low in calories, nutritional, and very good.

Excellent Food Product!

Posted by Reviewer1214295 on Jul 30, 2011

I really enjoy these gourmet meals and use these all the time at work when I can't get away for lunch. These meals are very satifying and taste wonderful considering they are a canned product. I don't even heat them up, just open the can and enjoy! Super convenient. My favorites are the Tuna and Pasta, with Wild Alaskan salmon as my second choice - but have tried them all and all are just simply delicious. Also with hurricane season coming up, stocking in a supply to have on hand...just in case! Highly recommend. RL in North Carolina

I love this stuff

Posted by 5236740008923162789 on Jul 29, 2016

I found this tuna pasta at Big Lots in 2004. I loved it. Then, I couldn't find it again. I found it here at the best price on the Internet, as far as I can tell. Great hurricane supply food!

Yummy!

Posted by Reviewer2057538 on Apr 10, 2011

I love these Gourmet on the Go meals! Very convenient and surprisingly tasty and satisfying.

Delicous

Posted by Reviewer2139526 on Apr 01, 2012

This is a wonderful value.

« Previous | 1 2 3 | Next »