Delicious authentic French food...but the GMO corn!

Posted by PurplePegasus on May 08, 2012

This is absolutely truly delicious and tastes like authentic French food, it reminds me quite a bit of Salade Niçoise with the exquisite flavor of the oils and green beans with potatoes; this is something I have never tasted here in the States, and even the tuna is very different from American: I added a bit of a can of tuna and what a mistake, the flavors do not compare! The French tuna is excellent, very meaty and without a canned fishy taste. I am giving this 5 stars (for taste) but with reservations: the sweetcorn is GMO! If you don't know what GMOs are I urge you to watch the Vimeo by Jeffrey M Smith. And so I've been meticulously fishing out all the corn and this is a huge bother as there is a lot of corn, which is unnatural of classic French cuisine: unless it has sadly been introduced there in the last decades by Monsanto, French people simply do not eat corn has it has long been considered nothing but fattening pig feed in France and with good reasons! Luckily I've never cared for the taste, even before the 90's when it was turned GMO. My other gripe is that St. Dalfour touts itself as a healthy line but none of its foods are organic! And because I have MCS and organic foods are a must for my condition, I'm really torn here. I will probably purchase again as the taste is quite addictive, but will try to make this a rare occasional treat; also the pasta is white flour! Probably the least healthy thing on my diet but there is very little pasta.

New try

Posted by Reviewer1050148 on Apr 28, 2011

I do not like the taste of this, and after eating one can I was sick for a few hours until my body got rid of it.

Strange taste

Posted by Reviewer2364115 on Apr 27, 2011

Weird taste. Won't buy again.

Good emergency food | Possible GMO Alert: corn, xantham and guar gums

Posted by Non-GMO on Jun 27, 2012

I myself am gluten free, but I have bought these for my spouse and other family members. All like it! The tuna is wild caught and dolphin safe. Extra virgin olive oil. Mostly excellent ingredients; however, not organic. Sweet corn grown in France is not GMO. They have only approved GMO corn for animal feed; however, it is possible that they import the sweet corn. I have contacted St Dalfour to inquire about GMOs and BPA. When I hear back, I will update this review.

Very tasty.

Posted by Reviewer3126648 on Oct 02, 2012

Convenient, when on the go. Helps me stear away from junk food.

Good Mixture

Posted by 4763703979014032150 on Dec 30, 2012

Of tuna and pasta. We like to use this item on our home made salads or just to eat with crackers and have a lite dessert. The store we shopped at also stopped selling this item. Will buy more.

great

Posted by 5230906201419371070 on May 24, 2013

love them

wow!

Posted by Reviewer2236355 on Mar 02, 2012

just great

Delicious! Just Logged on to Order More!

Posted by Reviewer2155210 on Mar 10, 2012

I plan to order a few packs for bug-out bags, perfect food, comes with salt and pepper and a little fork in each pack. Also great for quick snack anytime, room temp tastes great. I highly recommend these for food storage/go bags, office and anytime snacks!

Delicous

Posted by Reviewer2139526 on Apr 01, 2012

This is a wonderful value.

« Previous | 1 2 3 | Next »