• Reviews | English

A LOT of basil

Posted by Reviewer1881179 on Apr 18, 2013

Just want to alert people that the one pound of basil that I ordered filled three one-quart mason jars with wonderfully fresh dried basil, full of basil scent. From my research, dried herbs stay fresh for 1-3 years. I use a lot of herbs in my cooking, so expect to use them within this time period. At .40 cents per ounce, definitely a savings even to buying the in bulk by the ounce at my local organic market. If you don't need this much you could share with friends.

great value

Posted by Reviewer3066063 on Nov 29, 2010

Good price, good quality! Great for pasta, salads, fish and Okonomi-yaki.

Excellent

Posted by Reviewer1408147 on Aug 09, 2011

Starwest basil leaf smells and tastes so much fresher than any I have found in local stores. It adds a wonderful flavor to anything you use it in, including tea. Much healthier than the basil you get in local stores too, I would assume.

Fresh from the Garden

Posted by Reviewer1232563 on Aug 09, 2011

I've used Starwest products for fifteen years. Love the basil scent, almost like picked from the garden. Deep, rich green color.

Ocimum Basilicum

Posted by Reviewer2144919 on May 03, 2010

Great for pasta just olive oil, galic and this basil.

absolutely love the product

Posted by Reviewer1578233 on Oct 07, 2011

Great smell, fresh taste, I use it a lot while cooking.

Fresh

Posted by Reviewer1557027 on Dec 16, 2013

I am using this to make tea. It has a nice taste.

great price but not so great quality

Posted by Reviewer1111514 on Jul 22, 2013

ok I had high hopes after reading Iherb reviews. Honestly I'm disappointed by the quality. Other reviewers wrote this product is "great"..I really wonder what kind of basil they usually have, to say THIS is great...For me the fragrance is incomparable to other basil leaves i used before. I usually use dried basil leaves from either Italy or France and this one was Egyptian, I wonder if that's a factor in poor quality. The fragrance isn't much there. The product comes in a huge bag, so price wise it's great, just the quality isn't.

Taste ok but my body don't

Posted by Reviewer3327222 on Aug 04, 2012

Basil is a good ingredient for most cooking but my body can't get along with it.

very good

Posted by Reviewer2624820 on Jan 20, 2012

very good product for the price!!!

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »