Starwest Botanicals, Kelp Powder, Organic, 1 lb

4 out of 5 based on 186 reviews
Reviews 2-star

kelp powder

Posted by Reviewer1718706 From Wisconsin on Feb 03, 2011

I was pleased with the amount of power for the price, but find it suspiciously tasteless. The kelp I'd previously used was more like a ground kelp with flakes large enough to recognize as kelp. It also had a slightly fishy taste that, while not tasty, was also not overpowering - such that I could eat it sprinkled on top of my jelly toast. iHerb's powder is, as I mentioned without taste, but of a consistency that it can be felt on my tongue when I eat my toast. In all, I prefer my old brand. Unfortunately, I cannot find it anywhere, so until the bag I bought from iHerb is gone, I will make do. Then I will look for another brand with a product more like my old one. Jodi

Not so bad

Posted by Reviewer1702441 From Finland on Jul 17, 2010

But whole ones are better for taste. Usefull for sauerkraut making.

Not what I was hoping for

Posted by Reviewer2434316 From California on Nov 20, 2011

I was looking for organic kelp and saw this and thought I would try it. I purchase kelp as a sea vegetable that I could use in a salad or put into miso soup. I never had powdered kelp before and was very disappointed in the texture and taste. I guess if you're going to use it in a smoothie, it may be OK, and it will still be beneficial for the mineral content.

Kelp

Posted by 5211649592985477266 on Aug 14, 2013

The smell and taste was way too strong for me. I could not eat it, so that`s why start using Kelp in tablet form.

Kelp Powder