• Customer Ratings

Great product

Posted by jannea on Sep 16, 2010

Perfect for making teas by itsef or with other herbs as a sweetener. I use licorice root as an adrenal support and it has worked well in normalizing a low blood pressure.

need product from this brand ;-)

Posted by Reviewer1351453 on Feb 19, 2010

good but i would prefer it in powder

great

Posted by Reviewer2139704 on Jan 18, 2012

I like this in combination with other teas, it is very helpful with dry mouth/throat and my hypotension. I am hoping Starwest Botanical's products are non-irradiated, but I cannot find this info on their products.

Great taste and price, for sweetness and raising blood pressure

Posted by djsoma on Aug 26, 2012

I usually use this to sweeten up my soothing herbal teas, combining it with Lemon Balm, Chamomile, Scullcap, Passion Flower according to my mood. It's also useful to combine with healing rainforest tree barks from Raintree if they happen to lower blood pressure and you're already having it too low. My partner can't take those without something that would raise it and balance the overall effect, and licorice is just perfect for the job.

Weak

Posted by Romlenz on Apr 30, 2014

I guess there are many different kind of Licorice roots, and this one is really weak and pale in taste. The one I buy at my local shop is twenty times better.

Good

Posted by 5316635604955658079 on Dec 05, 2012

I like it.

Makes excellent tea

Posted by tigercho on Aug 29, 2012

Good price and makes very good tea. Make sure you put enough root and steep long enough to feel the sweetness, which indicates there is enough glycyrrhizin to produce therapeutic effects. Wonderful for gastritis and low BP/ weak adrenals.

Overall OK

Posted by Reviewer3211141 on Apr 10, 2012

I might have gotten a somewhat old bag, not too fresh and potent taste. But I will still recommend it. It originates in Egypt.

Not great for tea

Posted by Reviewer2963354 on Apr 27, 2014

The pieces are a bit large for making tea, and the taste could be stronger. Grind to smaller pieces, or by a smaller grind.

Nonono!!!

Posted by 4756213167339460021 on Jun 22, 2015

NO!! Taste lite burned woods! Trow it right in the garbage! Nothing like licorice what so ever!! NEI!!! Smaker som brendt saglis! Gikk rett i søpla! Ingenting som minner om lakris i det heletatt! Dritskuffa!

« Previous | 1 2 3 | Next »