Not great for a first time spirulina user

Posted by 4674949621552767562 on Oct 29, 2013

I should've read all the reviews on this before purchasing. First it's origin is China, which is questionable. There is no other information on the packet such as recommended dosage, recommended usage or nutritional content. When I put it in my smoothie, it had a strong seaweed taste. After three morning smoothies, didn't feel any of the health benefits that I had read about but instead I developed a terrible headache. I don't even get headaches from coffee withdrawal, so I was a little worried and have discontinued use. My digestive clock seems to be off as well now and I'm very regular. Even though it is less expensive than most other spirulina powders on the market, I wouldn't go with this one, primarily because of the lack of information on the labels. There are too many open questions.

Starwest Botanicals, Spirulina Powder, Organic, 1 lb (STR-07346)

Posted by 5325447532104312822 on Nov 03, 2013

Capsules up well and gives energy I wanted without the yuk feeling.

Posted by 5057362419740433066 on Nov 10, 2013

Feel more energized within a week

Great product

Posted by 5245687126356940096 on Nov 25, 2013

I give this to my horse with allergies to boost her immune system. It took her a while to get used to eating it, but she is much healthier for it. After several months, I noticed a change in her body shape and condition. This along with kelp and a change in her diet helped reduce fat deposits and showed more muscle tone. It is also excellent to help detoxify the body. Spirulina is 60-70% protein, it is high in antioxidants, Vitamin E, contains essential fatty acids, all B vitamins, Beta Carotene, and other essential minerals and nutrients. It is a super food! It is also contains antimicrobial properties!

great product

Posted by ievinia on Jan 04, 2014

Geriausias kainos ir kokybės spirulinos santykis iHerbe. Dedame į kokteilius, ypač tinka daug dirbantiems ir sportuojantiems vyrams , kaip mano. Dedu į duoniukus, kaukes. Geras skonis ir kvapas. Malonus. Great price for such quality. I put it in smoothies, especially good for a sportsmen and hard workers as my husband :) I also put it in raw breads and skin masks...:) Nice taste and nice smell.. not too spirulina if you know what I mean.:)

Spiraling powder

Posted by 4985265753897910146 on Jan 25, 2014

This has worked well in our morning smoothies. Good value.

Nice price

Posted by Reviewer3285476 on Oct 29, 2013

Nice price for enough spirulina for a long time

Starwest Botanicals, Spirulina Powder, Organic, 1 lb

Posted by ChooseHealth on Jan 11, 2015

Great product and so vital for your health!

Love it so far!

Posted by 4974920710689083224 on Apr 01, 2015

Just received this item in the mail, my package seemed to have ripped during the shipping process, so it was all over the box when I opened it, but iHerb has already shipped another! I WAS able to get a little out of the bag, mixed it with some flax milk and coconut sugar and it is pretty delicious! Even my picky boyfriend didn't mind the taste. I didn't notice any off putting taste or smell at all. Nothing fishy, salty, seaweedy about it actually! And to anyone questioning whether or not we can digest it because of the cell wall, spirulina IS digestible without breaking the cell wall, chlorella is not.

i like it

Posted by 4948930718531700762 on Apr 14, 2015

This spirulina powder, is very similar in taste and quality than other brands i´ve taste. Many persons have issues cause is from China, but is organic certified. So i'm very happy with it, and continue to shopping it.