Definitely worth buying!

Posted by Supplementsdiy on Nov 17, 2013

Proteins, containing over 20 amino acids, are neces sary in our daily life. Protein is needed for our body to create and repair muscle tis sue which can help to burn more fats and improve athletic performance. Individually, each amino acid has their distinct benefits for our body. Most people consume too much animal meat these days and meat is a very poor source for protein due to poor absorption by our body. If the animal comes from conventional farm factory, this comes with a lot of toxics such growth hormone, antibiotics, medication etc. That makes this product very special. This is definitely one of the very best plant protein powders in the market! Firstly, it is raw which means that important nutrients like vitamin, enzymes are not destroyed by any heat. Secondly, the protein is breakdown using enzymatic bio fermentation and does not use chemical, acid hydrolysis or any harsh methods giving it 98.2% as similation. Animal protein has only 10-20% as similation and costs much than plant protein. Thirdly, it is 100% plant based, making it suitable for vegetarians. It is alkaline forming which comes as a surprise. All animal protein or animal sourced proteins (whey) are highly acidic and disrupt our body pH value. This is important because our body neutralise the acid by either drawing out calcium from our bones or breaking down our muscle to form ammonia (counterproductive if you plan to build muscle). Next, this product is hypoallergenic. It is rich in natural vitamins, minerals and comes without synthetic vitamins commonly added to food. The amino acids also act as a carrier and increased absorption for nutrients present. Lastly, it is non-gmo and free of chemicals. All junk protein powder contains high sugar level, artificial sweeteners (even worse than sugar), preservatives, flow agents, fillers, artificial colouring and favoring, high amount of synthetic vitamin, is acidic, contains allergens like milk, soy, and many others! Luckily, none of those junks are in this product. As for the taste, it tastes like slightly diluted chocolate drink. It’s not too sweet, making it good for mixing with other powders. Personally, I take 2 scoops with 3 teaspoon of maca (superfood). Maca tastes quite sweet so the taste complements each other. The combination tastes somewhat like soy milk (surprise!) and I use it as a meal replacement. The powder is chalky, smooth and mix really well. Let’s look at the downsides. The product is not organic. I don’t mind since it is raw sprouted and probably free of chemical and pesticide. Since the product only uses brown rice as the base for protein, the amino acid profile is highly unlikely to be complete. For example, rice is low in lysine which may limit the absorption of other amino acids in long term. This should not be a problem if you have other protein sources. The price is reasonable for the quality you are paying for! Check out my page for more reviews!

A nice change from the vanilla

Posted by 4978402483815235476 on Oct 31, 2013

I've been using the vanilla for the past 6 months and thought I'd mix it up with the chocolate. Not bad at all and great with an added tablespoon of cacao powder (as is the vanilla).

Best vegan protein on the market

Posted by alyshamareehealth on Oct 22, 2013

Great taste, easy to mix, very versatile. Love it!

My Favorite Vegan Protein!

Posted by Tannerw on Sep 07, 2013

I love this Sun Warrior! It is low in sodium and has a smooth, slightly chalky texture that I love!

so good....

Posted by Reviewer3270741 on Aug 07, 2013

so good....

Sun Warrior - Protein Raw Vegan - Chocolate

Posted by 4830705641812208879 on Jul 16, 2013

Chocolate is my favourite of the SunWarrior protein powders. It's very smooth and adds very little flavour to what you put it with (unlike the vanilla version). This ticks all the right boxes for me and I highly recommend it.

LOVE

Posted by rawskinny on Jul 10, 2013

Love this stuff. I'm a vegan, so when I'm feeling slack with eating, I just make sure I slip one of these shakes in, or put scoops into my smoothies or desserts. delicious.

Great

Posted by Reviewer3014508 on Jun 14, 2013

Really good but I prefer the Sun Warrior blend chocolate protein

Chocolate

Posted by Didokitty on Apr 20, 2013

Great sweet taste. Sometimes I blend this with rice milk, ice cubes and vanilla icecream, delicious!

Love it!

Posted by 5612904445028640391 on Apr 04, 2013

I was a bit worried about how this would taste as I have never had vegan protein supplements before, but I was pleasantly surprised by the taste! It isnt as sweet as the protein shakes I am used to but it isn't terrible which is the main thing! And at the sun warrior website you can get a free smoothie ebook which I'm keen to experiment with. Will not go back to non-vegan protein again!!